Chapter Nineteen

10 Days Left

"I don't understand... a curse? Brother, are you sure about this?" Elijah asks, his tone concerned.

"Would I lie to you? Of course I am sure," Klaus replies in a snarky way, his teeth sinking into the blonde from last night. Caroline gently pushes Klaus aside, taking her own share of blood.

"He's just asking, Nick. This is all so sudden. Forgive us if we're a bit surprised that witches put a curse on you and Caroline," Rebekah argues.

Klaus rolls his eyes, "I'll take care of it, okay?"

"By yourself? No way, Nicklaus," Elijah steps forward.

Caroline frowns, "they're right, Klaus. We'll all do it together. That's the only way anything will get done."

"I can't let you get hurt, Caroline. If anything happens to you I will only blame myself," Klaus turns to her.

She takes his hands in hers, well aware of the small crowd of Mikaelsons watching them.

"It's okay. I'm going to be fine. Let me help you," she talks him down, feeling all eyes on them.

He nods, turning to the rest of them with her hand still in his, "alright, here's the plan."

• • •

3 Days Left

It's been days of laying low, getting themselves prepared for the fight they're about to conquer. The anticipation is nearly killing Caroline. Her nerves are going crazy, her heart constantly racing. The plan is so simple yet if one bad thing goes wrong, someone could die.

"Hey," Klaus gently rests his hand on her back.

She jumps slightly, her usual vampire senses not alarming her that he was there.

"Oh, hi," she frowns, pausing to look at him before returning her gaze to the window.

"Are you okay?" he asks, already knowing the answer by the way she flinched from his touch just seconds before.

"M' fine," she lies.

"Caroline..."

"Klaus, don't make it a big deal. I'll get over myself. I'm just... worried. That's all," she assures him.

"Love, I assure you things will go as planned," he smiles, taking a seat next to her.

His hand makes its way towards her thigh, gently caressing in a soothing way.

She sighs, "but what if they don't? What if something happens to you?"

"Nothing will happen."

"You don't know that."

Klaus turns towards her, his hand now taking hers. His lips brush against her own before gently kissing her.

"I'm not going anywhere, my love," he promises, his words stinging her heart and leaving an impacting mark.

"I know," she nods.

"So you must trust me when I say this, alright? I need you to do what it takes to stop this curse. Don't look back. Even if something happens to me, you can't stop. Follow through with the plan-"

"But Klaus-"

"No, Caroline. Promise me. Promise you'll protect yourself before you attempt to protect me," his hand caresses her cheek. She can't fight him on this, she knows that. He's all too stubborn to see another way to do things that isn't his way and his way only.

Caroline sighs, "okay. I promise."

• • •

Only one chapter left! I know it was a short book, but I feel it's best to end it in the next part.

Vote and comment!

XoXo