Chapter Five

Updating because I'm furious about The Originals ending even though we got some good Klaroline scenes. Either way, it was terrible writing and I'm mad so here's something to cheer you and I up about it haha! :)

23 Days Left

Caroline eagerly awaits Klaus, checking her hair in the mirror for what seems like the fiftieth time today. A knock on her door startles her from her trance. She quickly checks her outfit in the mirror one last time- a red blouse showing off her cleavage and some black distressed skinny jeans.

She opens the door, smiling at Klaus, "Hey."

He smiles in awe, his eyes trailing down her body in amazement. She's perfect.

"You look stunning," he greets her, and she can't help but to let her own eyes wander.

Klaus is dressed in somewhat formal attire, black jeans and a blue dress shirt with a tie. She can't help but to gulp because he is simply gorgeous.

"You're not too bad yourself," Caroline playfully giggles, only adding to Klaus's smile because God, is she beautiful.

"May I come in?" he asks to which she nods, allowing him inside her apartment.

"Want one?" she suggests, tossing him a blood bag to which he gratefully takes, the two of them sipping it down smoothly.

Klaus takes in her apartment, admiring the way she decorated it. It reminds him of her.

"Ready to go?" Klaus asks, and she nods, standing up and grabbing her purse.

The two head outside, Klaus politely opening the door for her and allowing her to sit down before closing it. He quickly enters on his side, starting the car before driving off.

"So, where are we going?" Caroline asks nosily.

"Surprise," Klaus answers.

She rolls her eyes, "fine then."

Klaus turns on the radio, quietly humming along to some rock song Caroline can't quite place her finger on. She admires him from the passengers seat, studying the way one hand grips the steering wheel loosely, the other resting on the arm rest.

There's something about him, and it just makes her smile, like she's known him her whole life.

"Take a picture," Klaus says, making Caroline jump slightly, her eyes quickly returning to the road.

"I wasn't... never mind," she blushes profusely, rolling her eyes as she fights off the smile daring to appear on her face.

Klaus only laughs, "we're almost there."

"Already?"

"You live close by," he states.

She nods as Klaus pulls into a small parking lot. The building appears to be fancy, with glass windows placed all around.

For some reason she feels like she's been here before.

"It's beautiful," she states as they walk in.

Klaus hums in agreement, "isn't it?"

The two stay at the front part of the small restaurant, to be greeted by a young brunette.

"Good evening," she smiles. "Two?"

"Yes, please," Klaus answers.

Caroline scans the building and numerous people sitting and chatting at their tables. It's gorgeous in here and far too expensive for her as well.