Chapter Seventeen

12 Days Left

"I don't want to believe this, but I do," Caroline sighs.

Klaus frowns, unable to make sense of it all.

"Who would want to make us forget our relationship? I don't understand," Klaus shakes his head in annoyance.

"I don't know, but whoever it is, we need to figure out how to fix it. Who could you have pissed off?" she asks, as if it's a simple answer.

Klaus chuckles, "well, let's see..."

"Okay, never mind," Caroline giggles at the long list of enemies Klaus has.

"We need answers," Klaus states, running a hand through his hair.

"Tomorrow, Klaus. You don't want to overwork yourself. Especially when there's alcohol in both of our systems," she smiles, sitting back down on the bed.

Her hand reaches over to his, taking his in her own and rubbing her thumb along his finger.

"Lay with me?"

His face goes red slightly before nodding, laying down next to her. His hand makes his way to her cheek, caressing it softly. The two stay there for what feels like hours, just looking at each other and admiring each other, all the while enjoying the company.

Caroline leans up to him, kissing his lips softly, lingering there for a moment before letting go. She shuts her eyes, turning the other way. Klaus's hand instinctually finds its way around her waist, pulling her closer to him. He takes in her peach scented hair, kissing the back of her head before closing his eyes himself.

• • •

11 Days Left

Caroline wakes up with a slight headache from the night before. Her blue eyes peer open, looking to her left, expecting to see Klaus, but frowning when met only with an empty bed.

She stands, rubbing her head before continuing forward downstairs.

"Klaus?" she whispers, careful not to wake the many sleeping bodies currently sprawled out on the couches and floors.

"He left early this morning," Marcel's voice announces from in the kitchen, making her jump before walking over to him.

"Did he say where he was going?"

"No, he just seemed very... determined? I never know with Klaus. He's always looking for someone to piss off," Marcel laughs.

"Determined?" Caroline clarifies, reaching for her phone to call him. No answer.

"Yeah why?"

"Shit..." Caroline curses, running a hand through her hair.

"What's wrong?" Marcel asks.

"Nothing, just tell me if you get a hold of him, okay?" she sighs, rushing out the door.

"Is he in trouble?" Marcel calls from the door, frowning.

"I don't know yet, but I have a feeling something bad is going to happen..."

• • •

Vote and comment!

XoXo