Chapter Fourteen

12 Days Left

"Caroline, please," Klaus begs while following her as she quickly walks upstairs, away from the rest of the party.

"Go away, Klaus," she groans, finding a random bedroom to go into. As she attempts to close the door, he easily holds it open, pushing against her own force.

She sighs, "seriously?"

"You're avoiding me," he states, arms crossed.

"Thank you, captain obvious."

"I'm sick of this! I'm sick of you ignoring me, I'm sick of you not talking to me. I'm sick of not being able to kiss you, or fearing that if I even try to talk to you you'll run," Klaus hesitantly holds her hands in his.

She immediately pulls away, "you shouldn't be up here. We shouldn't be here, talking."

"This is what I'm saying, Caroline! Why is this so bad? I apologized for the night before. I told you already, I don't have feelings for Fiona. To be quite frank, I don't like her at all. She's my past, Caroline. You. You are my present," he once again grabs her hands gently, sending a shiver down her spine.

"How do I know that, Klaus?" she says in practically a whisper.

"Because I like you, Caroline. No one else. Just you," he leans down, titling her head up slightly. Their lips brush each other's, nearly millimeters apart, if that.

"I can't, Klaus. I can't do this," she states, not making any action to pull away.

"Why not? What's stopping you?"

She doesn't answer, because to be honest, she has no clue herself. Maybe she's just scared that if she dives into this thing with Klaus, she'll just get hurt.

Klaus finally interlocks their lips, breathing heavily. She doesn't make any effort to pull away and instead pushes closer to his body, hearing his heartbeat and feeling his warmth. He makes her feel alive, more alive than she's ever felt. Her blood rushes through her veins, her senses crave him.

She moves her hands up to his chest, feeling the hard abdomen beneath her fingertips as she does so. Her fingertips glide up behind his neck, gently tugging at the curls, leaving him breathless. He kisses down her neck, softly trailing kisses down to her collarbone. Her face become flushed and she feels as though she has no control when she's with him.

It's exhilarating.

"Klaus," she pauses, not wanting this to stop, but deep down, knowing it has to.

"Shh."

"I have to get back downstairs," she explains, breathless, her cheeks tinted a rosy shade of pink.

"Mhm," he hums, not truly listening to her babbling as he kisses her jawline, his hands gliding on her hips.

"They're gonna wonder where we are," Caroline tries again, not even convincing herself at this point.

She wants him so badly, it hurts.

"Okay, okay," Klaus states, his voice husky as he places one last kiss, this time to her lips, running his hands through her soft golden locks before separating.

The only sound left in the room are their heavy breaths, each of them left wanting more.

"I'll go down first. You can come down in a minute. Don't make it obvious, got it?" she points a finger at him, causing him to smirk widely.

"Yes ma'am," he grins cheekily.

She opens the door slightly, pausing, turning around, and kissing him one last time, before heading back downstairs, leaving Klaus to stand there amazed.

• • •

Sorry for the wait on this chapter! I've been sick all week and have honestly had no motivation to write. :/

Vote and comment if you enjoyed!

XoXo