Chapter Ten

Another update because we hit 1k!! Thank you all so so much! :)

19 Days Left

Klaus takes Caroline's hand in his, leading her onto the dance floor.

Music starts up, and Klaus places one of his hands on her hip, the other on her shoulder, sending tingles down her body. She does the same, pulling him closer. She feels his breath and takes in the scent of his cologne, smiling slightly as they begin to dance together.

It all feels so right, as if they've done this same dance before.

"You... you're a beautiful dancer, I'll admit," Klaus states, his voice quiet and low.

Caroline looks up at him with a smile, "thank you."

Klaus makes out her heartbeat quickening, causing him to hide a smile. He notices the way her breath hitches when he places his hand lower on her back, and how she meets his eyes every now and again.

She really is stunning, he thinks to himself.

However, the dance together doesn't last long. They eventually must trade partners, Caroline ending up with a random man who introduces himself as 'William', and Klaus with someone he knows all too well...

"Fiona..." he mumbles, his eyes darting back to Caroline and then to his new dance partner.

Caroline notices the way Klaus tenses when he looks at his dance partner, and she can't help feeling a pang of jealousy for some unknown reason. Who is this girl?

"It's been awhile, hasn't it, Nick?" a small grin plays at her red painted lips, her chocolate brown hair pulled back into a neat braid.

She's gorgeous, only making Caroline even more aware of her every move. Caroline doesn't want to be nosy, but she can't help it. So she listens in on their conversation.

"I didn't invite you here, Fiona."

"I know, Kol did. You know, the only one who stayed in touch with me after fifty years of not seeing each other. Or did you forget about that part of your life? I mean, you must surely remember. After all, we were having amazing sex nearly everyday-"

"Stop it. We've been apart for years, get over yourself. I've moved on," Klaus retorts, eyes narrow.

She only giggles, "yes, with that blonde girl... what's her name again? Cara? Carina?"

"It's Caroline," he growls, growing protective.

Caroline's heart feels like it wants to burst just by the way he says her name.

"Right. So, do you love her?" Fiona asks him, and he nearly chokes on the air.

"What?"

"Do you love Caroline?" she asks again, more blunt this time.

Klaus gulps, looking over to Caroline who quickly looks down, pretending to not be paying attention to him.

He takes in a sharp breath before answering, "that's none of your business."

"Did you have sex yet? Is she as good as I was?"