Chapter 21:: In the Atmosphere.

(Ryan's p.o.v)

          I was sitting on Brendon and I's mattress at the moment,  sketching out ideas for the bedroom design. We have been living in this apartment for a month now, and I got to say I have never been happier in my life. Until this moment.

    The apartment phone rang, buzzing through the house. I got up from my bundle of blankets and slid down the hall in my socks, almost falling. I pick it up and answer.

"Hello?" I answer like any normal.person would.

"Hello, yes is this Ryan Ross?" The robot-sounding lady asks.

"Yes...it is." I paused between my words because this voice doesn't sound familiar.

"We would like to inform you that your school records have been missing for the past month? It said you have been skipping school for awhile, the same thing is happening with a boy by the name of Brendon Urie." She explains. I cringe at this information.  I don't know exactly what she is trying to say, but I know this isn't going to be good.

   "Okay." I simply answer.

"Sir,  you need to graduate High School. It's required or else we tell the authorities." She sounded quite stern.

   "What about dropping out?" I never thought I would ever ask that.

    "Without the confirmation of your guardian,  I am afraid not."

        "What the hell do you want me to do then lady?!" I lash.

    "We need you to go back to school Ross. Anywhere is fine,  just graduate with credits before the school year ends and you'll be on your way. There is only two months left anyway." She says like it's no big fucking deal. Well it is in my book. Me and Brendon were just starting to be happy again, and now we have to finish what we started. Great.

       My dad would kill me if I ever went back to my old school.  Plus Brendon and I's apartment is 3 hours away from there.

    "Okay. If we go, will you leave us alone and not tell the authorities." I result to an answer.

   "Yes sir. The closest school to your location will probably be able to take you in. Just talk to the director." She finishes.

     "K" I angrily hang up and slam it on the holder. Fuck, the only school we have near us is a Catholic school, the next public school is miles away because this is apparently a religious city? That's probably why Brendon's parents chose this place.

         Where Brendon and I live is not as bad as where Brendon was supposed to live with his parents. There was literally crosses on the street signs. I saw them while walking to that park to meet Brendon during that dark time awhile ago.

          I sighed and plopped on the couch,  resting my hand across my face. It was only 3 p.m. Brendon wouldn't be home till 6 from work.  Yeah Brendon has a job, at some book shop. It keeps us living under the roof, so that's okay.

    I don't exactly have a job. Brendon said he didn't want me out in the world by myself because he knows I get panic attacks easily,  and he knows I don't have them When he is around.  He just calms me. So instead of having a job, I sit at home and dog sit this dog named Hobo a couple apartments down. It pays 8 bucks an hour, so it's quite good even though I only dog sit for a couple hours every now and then.

      I should probably go get dinner, we ran out of dinners last night. It usually goes like the typical wife/husband thing but it's husband/husband. He goes to work, I stay home, make dinner, he comes home from work, we eat together,  watch the sky, makeout, sometimes sex, and then sleeping.

         Today was going to be a long day considering I have to tell him we have to go back to school. It's even worse cause we can't afford school supplies. No, Ryan get your mind off of that for now. Brendon is coming home soon, so go get dinner. Yeah.

        I go put on my flipflops and coat,  grabbing the keys before heading out the door. I am wearing pj pants so this is going to be an awkward outfit.

     I go to the bike rack in the back of the apartments and unlock my purple razor bike. I bet your wondering how I got such a good bike?  Well me and Brendon were roaming the town and we came across a lot of free bikes, and you know what happens next. He got one and so did I, his was red though.  This is basically our transportation.

            I slide onto the bike with my wallet in my coat pocket.  I honestly don't like the idea of me going out into the world, by myself. I don't trust myself anymore.

         I pedalled along the sidewalk carefully to the Walmart a couple blocks down. I managed to make it there without any problems.  Well, I almost ran into a lady, but I swirled away from her direction.

          I lock my bike in the bike racks. I don't really trust Walmart bike racks, but Fuck it. I kind of rush into the store. A bunch of people. Everywhere. This is not good my my anxiety.

     Calm the fuck down Ryan, they are just people, you'll be out in a minute. I ran to the soda section and got the 24 pack of coca-cola for 3 dollors.  Sweet. I got a bag of chips, t.v dinners, fruit snacks, mashed potatoes,  brollies, pork, and finally some ice cream cause why not.

        Something caught my eyes on the way to the checkout stand. It was one of those disposable camera's that you take the pictures and you can get them professionally printed. I am tempted to buy it, it's only ten bucks. Fuck it.

        I put it in my basket and proceed to checkout.

          Once I finished at the check out, I went to the bike racks and saw my bike not stolen.  I ride home with the bags on my handle bar.

       Finally I get home and unload the things in the fridge and cabinets. I set the camera on our new coffee table. We get our furniture free. The new Craigslist thing is pretty amazing if I must say. I have gotten pretty cool things, like cool knickknacks for our new shelf in the living room. It's really coming together.

       I sit down on the couch and look at the clock. Finally it's almost 6.

       About 10 minutes later I hear the front door open. I throw my notebook out of my hand and jump off our mattress.  I ran into the living room and saw my angel putting down his apron and keys.

"Brendon!" I yell in happiness.

      He turns around to me and smiles. I squel in a excited way and jump onto Brendon, my legs clasping around his waist. His arms squeezing around my middle, hoisting me up as well.

  "Hey Ry." Brendon says as he puts me down and kissing me softly.

"Hey." I whisper and smirk. "Missed you, like always." I blush.

   "Missed you more mister!" He yells and picks me up and throwing me over his shoulder, then carrying me, and crashing me onto the couch. Then he got on top of me and grinned.

      We were still giggling,  he pecks my cheek and neck. I cannot stop giggling at his little touches.

"I made dinner." I say out of nowhere. Brendon looks you from.my neck and pecks my lips.

After he says. "Thanks Babe,  let's eat."