Chapter 11: I Get Down

(Ryan's p.o.)

   I swear I've been walking for 6 hours at least. I got off 84 highway a couple hours ago, now I'm walking through a city. I check my phone, 8:58 p.m. Maybe I should sleep for the night, I'll sleep at a park or something, I'm not buying a hotel the first night. Yes I have money, I brought my life savings and some of my dad's money. I know I'm a bad kid, but he never provided me with anything but a house and a room, the rest I bought myself.

     I walk into this park. It's not a park with children and a playground. Just a park with nature and short trails to the other side. I get into the park and check out a spot to sleep and settle. There are trees covering every spot, there's grass everywhere, and flowers are blooming perfectly around the edges of the little cement trail through the park.

   I walk down the little path and change directions to the side. I walk further into the park to a little private area surrounded by bushes and trees. I walk threw the green bushes and into the little circle of grass. Dammit, I forgot a pillow. I don't need a blanket cause of everything I'm wearing, even though its a little cold.

    I drop my stuff down and use my backpack as a pillow. I lay towards the bushes so it can hold up the backpack. I get my guitar in the case and pull it over to  me, and I wrap myself around it like it was Brendon.

I have to admit, It's pretty damn creepy out here, but at the same time it's pretty.

I look up at the moon, thinking of him. Counting the stars as if they were my wishes. I think of things I can say to him if he were with me, I say them out loud, to the sky. Wishing you could hear me on the other side, but am I stupid just talking to myself. The stars is our little talk, the moon is like a frame to me. I can picture his face on the moon, which somehow brings me closer. Maybe I'm just a little insane.

  I pull out my phone on more time.

Ryan: Goodnight, sweet dreams Bren Ily (:

   After that I turn off my phone and fall asleep.

(Brendon's p.o.v)

  I just finished unpacking one of my boxes, still like 4 left. They put in my furniture already. I'm still wrapped in the blanket and I haven't taken it off.

  Once the car ride was over I headed straight to my room. Now I've been in my room for 7 hours, luckily I brought the cookies with me.

  After what Ryan said, I can't believe he's coming all this way for me, I just love him so much. He better get here soon or else I will go look for him myself.

  I go to my new school in a week. Great. Hopefully we run away during that amount of time.

 I get onto my bed and look up at the sky. I get into deep thought about Ryan, somehow I can feel his presence with me. I smile and lay down.

  My eyes grew wide when I saw my phone light up with his name. I smile at just his name, I'm so cheesy. I open the text.

Ryan: Goodnight, sweet dreams Bren Ily (:

Brendon: Be safe, goodnight, Ily2 <3 (:

        I reply, I can't help but smile. For the first time in forever, I can actually smile before going to bed, not crying myself to sleep. I hug my sheet, goodnight Ryan.