Chapter 10- Home not sweet, Home

(Ryan's p.o.v)

  After I escaped Brendon's house, I walked back to the park again. It was where I felt happy, other than Brendon's arms. I kick the tiny rock over onto the street and watch it roll around. I sigh. I don't want to go back home, I would literally get killed, no joke. But I really need to eat and bathe. Especially after the sticky, and weird smell that is on me.

    I need to get home, I should go home, but I don't want to go home. Maybe I should find a wizard that can make me invisible, shut up Ryan. I should have said yes to Brendon, run away with him. It's saving me and him a big favor from our parents.

   I pull out my phone.

Ryan: Hey, so I have been thinking. Were you serious about running away together?

     I hit send and keep walking. I keep glancing at my phone, it's been 15 minutes. I hope he's okay, or he just thinks I'm annoying. Yea, everyone thinks I'm annoying. I sit on a brown bench, patiently waiting for a text back.

Brendon: Yes I was serious, but Its a little late for that now. I live 3 hours away from my old house.

    I sigh at Brendon's response. How the hell am I supposed to visit him? I don't have a car.

I'm getting near my house and I'm shaking to go inside. I take a deep breath and open the squeaky door to the inside. I run to the fridge and grab anything I could find and skip upstairs. I quietly closed my door and locked it. I put a chair under it just in case.

   My heart is beating faster, I think I'm safe.

So basically I grabbed salsa, apples, 3 juice boxes, 2 waters, nuts, and leftover hamburger? I groan and just eat the apple. What am I going to do. I can't live like this anymore, what do I have to live for anyway?

   I can pretty much do anything, and in the end it'll all end badly. I know what I have to do.

        First, I get my hiker backpack and put the food I brought inside. Then I put in most of my clothes, the rest I'm wearing. Next, I get my toothbrush and any bathroom essentials. Finally, I pack my guitar into it's case.

    Next, I write a letter to my father, explaining why I'm leaving, if he even cares. I put the note on my bed and put the pencil on top of it. So far I have a big backpack and a guitar case.

Then, I go take a shower because I'm dirty and I want to be a little clean for the trip. Oh! I almost forgot my charger and headphones. I grab those as well and place them in my side pockets of my big coat.

   I'm wearing two long sleeve shirts, gloves, a fedora, a jacket, a coat, a scarf, jeans, socks, and sneakers. It seems like a lot, but it's cold and I can't fit everything in my backpack.

  Finally, I grab everything and run downstairs. I'm ready to go. I tiptoed over to the fridge and grabbed what I could. At my luck, my dad is awake and he's sitting on the couch in the living room. I mentally shoot myself and try to sneak out the back door. I'm stopped by a massive body. My dad.

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU GO FAG!" He punches me and I drop my stuff. "YOU BETTER NEVER COME BACK HERE AGAIN! WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL HERE!?" He kicks my stomach and kicks my face. I groan and pick up my stuff, and rush out.

   I cry a little bit on the way down the road. Fuck, I don't even know where I'm going. I forgot to respond to Brendon's text.

Ryan: Where do you live? I'm coming to see you.

Brendon: Your Crazy Ross, you can't walk over here. Besides, my parents would kill you.

Ryan: I already left my house with all my stuff, I ran away. :/

Brendon: Are you serious?

Ryan: Yes, It's okay if I can't come over, but I'm going to be around where you live. I'm going to live somewhere, I brought food with me.

Brendon: Ry, just go back, I can't bare to see you homeless.

Ryan: I'm not going back this was my choice. I'm not going to be bullied again, I'm not going to be beaten, I won't have worries but hunger and bladder. Besides, my Dad kicked me out anyway.

Brendon: I live on Rawlings Way, San Mojito, 1269. Please keep in touch with me on your way, I will run away with you.

Ryan: No, you can't. You have a family that cares about you.

Brendon: If my family did care they wouldn't treat me like this and fucking abuse me. Your the light to me Ry, I love you and I want to be with you no matter what happens. I was never truly happy with someone, now I am.

Ryan: Ditto. If you really want to, you can, but don't let me influence you to. I love you to Bren, just stay strong until I get there.

Brendon: I'm scared.

Ryan: Call me.

Brendon: I can't, my parents. The sheet me and you slept in, I still have it to wrap around me whenever I'm lonely, and I think of you (:

Ryan: Stop making me cry little fucker <3

Brendon: I love you too c; How long till you get here, I need you.

Ryan: According to Google maps, 2 days tops. It's going to take awhile, but it's worth it.

Brendon: (: Stay safe for me. Please.

Ryan: Promise, I love you <3

          I turned off my phone after that, I need to save my battery. According to the map I need to keep walking down this highway until I get off 84.

   This walk has been a fucking drag, Carrying all this, it's like 10 pounds for crying out loud. It's worth  it, you need this stuff. I keep telling myself it's going to be good useful things in the end I know it will be.