Chapter 27

"Welcome home, jet setter!" Jade greeted me at our new apartment. "I was on a trip for a week, and I was only going to one place!" I replied. Jade shrugged and took one of my bags from me. "I still missed my new roommate." She said. I laughed. "Don't worry, I should be here for a while now." "I wouldn't be too sure." Jade smirked. "What are you talking about?" I asked her. "Oh, wouldn't you want to know." I followed her into my room and threw my suitcase on my bed. "Yes, I actually would like to know!" I was starting to grow frustrated. "Isn't your birthday coming up soon?" Jade suddenly switched topics. "Yeah, in like two weeks. The 14th. Why do you ask?" "Just double checking." Jade left me in my state of confusion. I began to unpack, and then got a text from Jonathan.

\\Hey! Did you get off the plane?

//Yeah, we got off about an hour ago, but I just got home now because of traffic.

\\/That's crazy! The airport isn't even that far from your new apartment, is it?

//It's not that far, but clearly I do not want to walk all around Boston with a heavy suitcase plus large carry-on.

\\I wouldn't either, but then again I can drive :P

//I'm getting there! I've had my permit, it's just hard getting someone to come drive around with me! Only 45 more hours to go...

\\Get some driving practice in and come visit me!

//That sounds great, sans the fact that it would be like 20 hours and that I don't think I can take off any more vacation anytime soon.

\\True, true. I don't even know when I'd be able to hang out with you. This season is so crazy, we've just been on a winning streak it seems.

//Hey, that's good! There's no more commotion in my life anymore, so I should be able to catch a game of yours on TV soon :)

\\Let me know when you have a chance to watch one, I'll be sure to score ;)

//Ooh, a big-shot on the ice, huh? Idk if I'm in to the show-offy type...

\\I'd sure hope not!

//Yeah, well Patrick Kane isn't single anyway so what's even the point.

//Kidding! You're great and you know it.

\\Oh yeah? Well, you're not too bad yourself.

"Hey, lovebird." Jade walked into my room, catching me smiling at my phone. I blushed. "What's up?" I asked. "Brad and Tyler and Tuukka wanna hang out. Sound good?" She replied."Yeah, just give like a half hour to shower. I haven't done my post-travelling distressing shower yet." "Ok, weirdo." Jade said, walking out of the room.

***************************************************************************************************************

"We shouldn't have stayed out that late." I sighed to Jade from across the kitchen. "We got back at a reasonable time, you were probably just texting Jon all night." Jade reasoned. I looked at my phone, which said I had a message from Jonathan from about 2 A.M. "Yeah, I think we both have to get better sleeping habits." I scratched my head. "No kidding!" Jade shook her head and grabbed her coffee mug from the Keurig and her keys from the bowl. "I'm off to school. Don't forget to put pants on before you leave for work!" Jade reminded me as she walked out the door. I realized that I decided to make breakfast while only half dressed. "This is just a slight problem..." I said to myself. I grabbed a pair of slacks that matched the blouse I was wearing and headed out.

After many failed attempts to hail a cab, a familiar blue sports car appeared in front of me. "Need a ride?" Tuukka asked me over his crazy Finnish music. "That'd be great." I replied, sliding into the passenger seat. "Why didn't you decide to get your license earlier? I'm pretty sure that they would have let you get one." Tuukka asks me. I'm sure all my friends are a little fed up with having to drive around the crowded city with a student driver. "I wanted to get my license and full citizenship all in one swoop so that I could drive myself to the voting booth one day. How American is that?" I replied. "Not very at all, considering any American over the age of 18 is already entitled to voting." Tuukka laughed. "Darn it. Oh well, I feel like the type of person to put a Canadian flag sticker on the back of my car anyway." I admitted.

Following a strange Finnish song, Beyonce was playing from Tuukka's phone. Now I was the one laughing. "Beyonce? Really?" Tuukka shrugged. "I can't say no to Queen B." "This is great!" I yelled, grabbing my phone to make a snapchat video. "Here we have Tuukka Rask, big, bad goalie for the Boston Bruins, listening to Beyonce. What a kid." I said while zooming in and out on Tuukka's face. "Fabulous." He said, sticking out his tongue. "I posted that to my story, so you can look at it all day today." I said. "Speaking of today, why the heck are you up this early?" "I like to run my errands in the morning. Less crazy fan people are out at 7 A.M., you know?" He answered. I nodded. It was a good time to go shopping to avoid a mob of people around you. "Do you even know where you're taking me?" I asked. "Yes. But, just to be safe, tell me." I laughed. "Take a left down here and then a right and then pull into the faculty entrance lot." I instructed him.

Once I got to my destination, I thanked Tuukka for the ride. "Don't forget to listen to 'Queen B' on the way home." I reminded him. "Oh, I wouldn't dream of it." He replied before driving away.

***************************************************************************************************************

Work was pretty much the same thing all week, and I was just looking forward to watching Jon play that Friday. Not in person, of course, but Jade and I splurged for the NHL Center Ice pack that gives us all the extended hockey channels, so his game is bound to be on one of those channels. But when I got home, I was greeted with a much different expectation.

"Why the heck is Brad here? I thought tonight was gonna be gal pal night!" I inquired Jade. She blushed. "He just showed up and wanted to hang out before the Bruin's big road trip next week. I can give you my netflix password if you'd like." Jade reasoned. I obliged. I can't turn down the want to binge watch How I Met Your Mother. "Give me that password. I'm gonna do some binge watching tonight." I said. "Sounds good. I'll text it to you." Jade politely yet frantically shoved my into my room. I sighed. I should have gotten a TV for my room. Maybe there was a site that would let me watch Jonathan's game.

After some searching, I couldn't find any site that weren't crazily ad-ridden, so I succumbed to season 1 of How I Met Your Mother. I was distracted, however, by the fact that Jade's boyfriend was a few blocks away while mine was a few states away. Even though I should consider myself lucky that a) I found someone I liked and that b) there are means of communication between us, I couldn't help but be a little upset that I couldn't see him in person until who knows when. I feel asleep that night with mixed emotions.

**************************************************************************************************************

There was knocking at the door. "MKay, can you get that?" Jade called from the bathroom. "I mean, I guess." I grumbled. This was definitley not the way I wanted to be woken up on a Saturday morning. I checked the clock and realized that it was actually afternoon. I opened the door and a delivery boy was on the otherside, holding a bag of food. "This is for Jade?" He boy said. "Oh, yeah sure." I replied. "How much do I owe you?" I could smell that it was Chinese. We were suckers for Chinese food. "$23.50." The boy said. I ran into Jade's room and counted out money plus tip. "Thanks!" I said, exchanging the money for the food. "No problem." The boy spoke once again before walking towards the elevator. "Hmm... Fried rice, sushi, plus things you hate. Why did you order some of this stuff for me? What news do you have in store for me?" I faced Jade as she walked into the kitchen.

"Well, you see, I wanted to get you something you'd really enjoy for your birthday this year..." She said, grabbing a slip of paper from the bill pile and handing it to me. "Jade, this is a plane ticket." I stated in disbeleif.

**A/N: wow, yes, another update. it is very late where I am, but i'm on break so i dont really care, oops. hope you enjoyed this chapter, and where do you think MKay is going for her birthday? i am going to bed now, goodnight! -K**