Chapter 4

Chapter 4

*MKay POV*

We got into Chicago late last night, around 11 o'clock. We all took a shuttle to our classy hotel and got all settled in. I luckily got my own room for the week. Patrice knocked on the door at 10, when I still wanted to be sleeping. "Mary, get up. We have a lot to do today! We're going to the Willis Tower and to the bean and to skate at the outdoor rink. Be ready by 11." "Okay." I grunted through the door.

I got up and found my way to the bathroom. I stared at my reflection. She had the same curly brown hair and brown eyes as I did, along with small ears and long eyelashes. I stepped in the shower and got ready for the day.

"Looking good!" I said to Patrice as I regard his outfit. He wore a plaid button down and jeans and he had his black peacoat in his hands. "Wish I could say the same for you." He smirked as we walked down to the elevator. I looked down at my outfit. I had on skinny jeans, pink ugg moccasins, and a pink sweater. I held my grey peacoat close to my chest. Around this time all the cities get pretty cold up north.  

"Hey, Mary." Tuukka greeted me along with the rest of the team at our breakfast table. "Hey guys." I waved at the hungry hockey players. They eat the most food, yet they remain in shape. I do not get it. We finished eating and walked out of the hotel.   

"Okay, first stop is the ice rink. Let's do this!" Zdeno exclaimed. We took taxis to the rink, laced up our skates and got on to the partly crowded ice. I was taking my time doing moderate laps, when Tyler zoomed around the corner and I started falling. Oh, no, going down! I thought, but then someone caught me. I figured it was Patrice.    

"Thank you-" I started, but then I looked up at who caught me. He had warm, caring eyes and short brown hair. He had a half smile, which was faltering. "Are you alright?" He asked, helping me back up. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for catching me." I replied, getting a clear look at his face. "Oh my goodness. I know who you are!" I exclaimed. "You're Jonathan Toews!" I couldn't believe it. Jon  is one of my favorite hockey players, the way he moves on ice.. Nice.    Jonathan chuckles, that half smile sneaking it's way back out.

"Yes, I am! You're not from around here are you? Most people from around here find it a normality." "No, I'm from Boston, actually." I laugh. "I'm MKay." I extend my hand. Jonathan takes it and we shake. "Well, since you're not from around here, how about I take you around with some of my teammates? I'm meeting some of them for lunch anyway." Jon asks. "I would love to." I replied. "Just give me one minute." He nods and I skate over to Patrice.   

"I just found, um..." I stop short. If Patrice knew it was a guy I met, he'd keep me locked up in the hotel for the rest of the week. "I just found an old friend. Can I spend the day with, um, her instead? I'll be back at the hotel by 11. Promise." I silently begged Patrice. He sighed. "Alright, but keep me updated, okay? I love you." Patrice bent down and hugged me. "Love you too. See you!" I skated back over to where Jonathan was.

"Alright, let's go! Where are we going first?" I asked him. He led me to the exit of the rink. "You get to meet my good friends Patrick, Andrew, and Corey at lunch."  

**A/N: alrighty, well now you see that something is beginning to start. If anyone actually reads this, could you give me some constructive feedback? I'd gladly take it.(: anyway, what do you think will happen next? I know, but you guys don't! Muwhahahah I'm so bad.. not really I'm actually nice in person lol. Please check out the external link if you want to see MKay's outfit! Keep an eye out for those more often if you want more of a visual of what she wore, I like doing those kind of things. ok i have to find something to eat, see you later, my snowflakes! -K**