Chapter 11

Chapter 11

*MKay POV*

I woke up to the sound of knocking at the hotel door. "Jade, the door is knocking." I mumbled to the bed next to me. "I got it last time." She mumbled something else and put her pillow over her head. "Be that way, grumpy pants." I said and walked to the door. Patrice was there, and he didn't look too happy. "Why didn't you tell me that you fainted last night? Why didn't you call me?" He demanded. I rubbed my eyes and thought back to last night when I blacked out for a minute or two. 

"I don't think I need to tell you everything that happens to me when you're not around." I answered. I honestly didn't think I needed to tell Patrice every little thing that happens, but I guess Tuukka let it slip. "What if it was serious? What if you were still out? What would happen then?" Patrice asked. "Then Tuukka would probably call you. He's responsible, Patrice. How many times has he taken care of me?" I replied. Patrice frowned. "That's not the point. You're not going out tonight." My mouth dropped open. "I can't go out?! It's our last night here! Our plane leaves tomorrow!" I exclaimed. "I know. But with that tone, you are staying here for the night. Jade can stay if she would like, or she can come with out with us tonight. But you're not moving." Patrice finished. "Fine." I said. I closed the door and walked back to my bed. I plopped down on it and grabbed my phone. I had a text from Patrick. 

Patrick: Hey MKay, it's Patrick. The boys and I were wondering what you were doing tonight, since it's your last night here. 

Me: Nothing, actually. I'm grounded in the hotel tonight because I got in to a fight with my brother. 

Patrick: Oh, man that stinks! What hotel are you staying at?

Me: JW Marriott, suite 5607. Why?

Patrick: Just wondering. I have to go, maybe we'll talk later. 

Me: Okay, bye! 

"That was weird." I said, still staring at my phone. "What was?" Jade was up now, fumbling around her night stand for her glasses. "I was just texting Patrick, that's all." I waved it off. "Oooohhhh." Jade said, sounding like a 6th grader. "But I thought it was the other one you like- Jon, right?" My cheeks gained a pinkish tone to them as the words flowed out of Jade's mouth. "Yes, I like Jonathan. But do not tell anyone! No one has to know. It's not like he would ever like me back anyway." 

"Eeekk!" Jade shrieked and jumped on to my bed. "MKay has a crush!" She taunted. "Shhh!!" I hushed the bubbly brunette. Someone knocked on the door. I stared at Jade. "It's your turn to answer it." She laughed and got up to get the door. It was Brad. 

"Oh, hey, Brad!" Jade brightened up. Yup, I thought, she definitely has a thing for him, whether she knows it or not. "Hey Jade." He replied. "Look, um, I was wondering if you wanted to go out with some of the guys and I tonight. We're all doing different things in groups, so I-we wanted to know if you wanted to come with Tyler, Nate, and I." Brad ran a finger through his hair and he looked nervous. "Yeah, that would be nice." Jade leaned in the doorway, one of her signature flirting tricks. "Alright, we will pick you up at 6. See you then!" Jade waved bye and closed the door. 

"What?" She asked me. I had a stupid grin on my face and I couldn't hide it. "You and Brad are so cute." I said. "I don't like him!" Jade exclaimed. "Sure you don't." I mumbled under her breath playfully. I checked the clock on my nightstand. It was 11:00. "So, what do you want to do until you have to get ready?" I asked Jade, who was scrolling through something on her iPhone.  "Umm.. I'm not sure, how about we see how much havoc we can wreck in the hotel?" Jade answered devilishly. "I like the way you think! Let's do this!" I exclaimed. 

We threw on some sweatpants and t-shirts so we looked more presentable against our gym shorts and tank tops we wear as pajamas. I grabbed my phone and key card and stuffed them in my pocket as we slipped our moccasins on and stepped out the door. 

"What do we do first?" Jade asked. "Elevator. We go to the top floor and see what to do from there." I replied. We stepped in the elevator and pressed the button for the top floor.

***************************************************************************************************************

We ran all the way down the hallway and into the stairwell. "Up to the tenth floor!" I yelled, panting.  We were at the sixth floor. Not too many stairs, hopefully. We angered some guy by knocking on his door and repeatedly asking the same question, and he may or may not be chasing us.  Once we got to the tenth floor, we booked it to our room. I slid the key card and we made it in safe. Jade looked through the peephole to check for the guy. "He's looking around. Haha, sucker! He will never find us!" Jade panted. I collapsed on my bed and tried to find my breath again. Jade walked over and we both started to burst out laughing. 

"That guy got so mad!" Jade howled. "I know! And then he was like 'I'm going to get you, you little annoying girls!'" I said between fits of laughter. Tears were rolling down our cheeks by the time we stopped laughing. "Ah, that was like the best way I've ever spent 4 hours." Jade sighed.  "Being grounded can be fun sometimes." I said, still a little upset that I'm locked in for the night. "Well, I have two hours until I have to get ready. What else can we do?" Jade pondered. "I don't know. I'm going to take a shower really quick though. Think of something by the time I'm done, okay?" Jade nodded and I walked into the bathroom. 

I started the water and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was pretty long when I straightened it, it went to about elbow's length. But it always feels so greasy when it's straight for more than a day, so I always shower to have it curly and not feel greasy. I stepped in the shower and heard a knock on the outside door. I wonder who that is? Jade will probably answer it. I finished showering, dried off, and put on a pair of jeans and a Bruins shirt that has Patrice's number and our last name on the back. I also threw on a sweatshirt from my lacrosse team because I'm always cold. 

When I walked out of the bathroom, Jade was laying out an outfit. "Oh, thank goodness you're out!" Jade exclaimed. "Why?" I asked. "The guys are leaving earlier now, around 4. I need to get ready!" Jade said. I checked the clock- it read 3:15. "Okay, go!" I beckoned towards the bathroom. Jade ran in the bathroom and I heard the water start running. 

Jade ended up getting ready in record time, and out the door just in time to meet up with Brad. That left me alone to sit in the common room couch and watch reruns of Law and Order: SVU.  Around 5:30, there was a knock on my door. "Coming." I called. I opened the door and could not believe me eyes. "What in the world are you guys doing here?!" I exclaimed in surprise.

**A/N: who do you think will be at the door? find out for sure tomorrow :3 have a great day! -K**