Chapter 23

**A/N: Did anybody go to the hawks convention? I was there for the first time and I loved it! I'm in the middle of a 13 hour car ride so I decided to get some writing in.  MKay's outfit for the interview is linked. have a good day! -k**

Once I got into a taxi and was on the way home, I read my text from Jonathan.

\\Hey! Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, I got caught up in pre-game team things. We crushed the Kings 5-2, not that that was gonna be a hard task, lol

//Hm, cocky much? lol good job nonetheless! We slid by the Rangers here, 3-2. I also have some good news!

After I replied to Jon, I let Patrice know that I slept over at Jade's and was on my way home.

"Were you planning on sleeping over at Jade's last night?" Patrice asked when I entered the apartment. "Not really, but she did come up with a solution to my living situation." I replied. "And what would that be?" I told him what Jade said and that we were looking at apartments this morning. "That's a great idea!" Patrice enthused. I was glad he liked the idea.  "But," he stared down at me, "that means you're going to have to start paying rent.  You're aware of that, right?"  I grinned.  This was the best part.  "Yeah, I know, but I have some good news that should help me out.  I got a callback from one of the places I applied to!  They want me to come in for an interview tomorrow."  I said, doing a little happy dance.  "MKay, that's awesome!  I'm so proud of you."  Patrice engulfed me in a hug.  "You have to tell Guillaume and mom and dad.  They're going to want to hear about this."  He advised. 

I slapped my forehead.  I totally forgot about the other members of our family.  Gee, and I'm a doctor?  Way to go, MKay.  I also realized that my parents didn't know about Jonathan. I called Mom and Dad first.  They said they were proud of me, and they supported me with the moving out thing. They also laughed when I told them about Jon because they knew of him from playing on Team Canada with Patrice.  They said he always seemed like a good guy, and that when I came in that he would have to come with. I caught up with them some more and then called Guillaume.  He had some news, too.  Him and his fiancée, Claire had sent out official invitations for their wedding, which was going to be February 23.  "Can you do all that planning in just over a month?"  I asked him.  "Yeah, we have a planner, and it's going to be on the small side anyway.  A handful of friends from my work, some from Claire's, a few Bruins players, and then the families."  Our extended family was relatively small anyway, so it sounded like an intimate gathering.  "Sounds good!  I can't wait!"  I replied.  We talked some more and then Guillaume had to go.  Once I got off the phone, a text from Jonathan was waiting for me. 

\\Hey, I can be cocky if I want, haha.  What's this good news?

//I got a call back from one of those places we applied to!  Boston Medical Center wants to interview me tomorrow!

\\That's great, M!  I'm so happy for you :) 

M?  That's a new nickname, but I think I liked it.  I'm pretty sure he could call me potato and I'd still be okay with it, sadly. 

//Thanks, J.  I think I also solved the Great Living Dilemma of 2013

\\J?  Are we just on a first-letter basis now?

//Yeah, we can be M and J.  MJ!  Like Michael Jackson!!  Just don't go doing drugs and bleaching your skin on me, haha. 

\\What is your solution to the Great Living Dilemma?  And don't worry, I'm probably pale enough, so a skin bleaching would not be needed.

//Good, haha.  Well, Jade's lease is up next month, so we are going to find a new place and move in together!

\\You're figuring out everything on your own now, I'm afraid you won't need me anymore to help you out with your problems!

//Don't worry, I'll keep you around.

//For now

//muwahahaha

We texted some more, and before I knew it, it was 6 already.  I didn't realize I had spent that much time on the phone.  Patrice and I made tacos for dinner because we had some ground beef in the freezer that needed to be used soon.  "When I move out, you got to make sure Steph keeps an eye on food's expiration dates."  I reminded Patrice.  "Considering she lived on her own for a few years, I think she'll probably be better at the whole food thing than we are."  Patrice confessed.  I laughed in agreement.  I turned in early so I could have enough time to get ready in the morning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I got to Boston Medical Center at 8:45, a smiley girl greeted me.  "Hi, are you MaryKay Bergeron?"  She inquired.  "Yeah, but you can call me MKay if you'd like."  I replied.  "I'm Magdalene Garcia, but you can call me Maggie.  We shook hands and Maggie gave me a quick tour of the main floor.  "We're really glad you applied, we had been looking for a new resident neurologist."  She rambles on as we walk to the neurology wing on the seventh floor, dodging doctors pushing gurneys and wheelchair-flanked people.  Maggie led me to a Dr. White's office, where he would be interviewing me.  Minutes later, Dr. White entered the cozy office and we started the interview.