Chapter 15

**A/N: Hello, my lovely readers, and yes, I am back!  Our band placed third at Nationals (if you were wondering, but you probably weren't haha) and now I am back with more time to update! And while I was AWOL, I just want to say thank you for over 1,000 reads (that is crazy!) and for all the sweet comments! You guys made my day(: and to make yours, here is the next chapter! Enjoy! -K**

Chapter 15

*MKay POV*

After we got off the plane and parted our separate ways, I went to Jade's apartment to hang out.  It was a few days away from Jade's big Christmas party, and she wanted to add a few more people to the invite list.  I raised my eyebrows suggestively as I read who she was inviting- Tyler and Brad.  "So, Brad..." I started.  "What about him?" Jade's blue eyes sparkled with slight suspicion.  "Do you like him?"  I asked.  She turned slightly pink before answering.  "Um. Can I answer that question at a later date?"  I laughed.  "Tell me at the party.  You should have your mind made up by Thursday." She laughed and checked her phone.  I checked mine as well.  I had a text from Patrick, saying how it was great to meet me and that they all wanted me to come back out and meet the rest of the team.  I replied that I'd see them again if the Hawks and B's both made it to the Stanley Cup playoffs.  I tossed my phone on the couch and thought about how weird it would be to have my friends compete against my brother and other friends.  It's never happened before, but granted, I've never had non-Bruins hockey player friends.

My phone then started ringing.  It was Patrice.  I picked it up.  "Hello?" I said. "Hey MKay, it's me." He said, as if I didn't have caller ID.  "What's up?" I asked.  "Mom and Dad can't come in for Christmas this year, there's a huge storm coming, and all the flights are booked solid until after New Year's." I frowned.  This will be the first year we can't spend Christmas with our parents.  "What about Guillaume?"  I asked.  Guillaume is our older brother.  "He can come in, but we won't see Mom and Dad.  When are you coming home? It's almost 6." Patrice replied.  I checked the clock on Jade's wall.  It was 5:30.  "I'll leave now.  Rush hour is probably going to start and I don't want to get blocked by the commuter rush. I'll talk to you when I get home."  My phone clicked shut, and I got up to grab my coat.  "Was that Patrice?"  Jade inquired.  I nodded.  "I'm going to go now, so I can get home at a reasonable time."  Jade's apartment was on the other side of town from mine.  Jade laughed. "I can't wait for you go get your license.  Then you won't have to walk everywhere!"  I put on my coat and shrugged.  "I'll probably still walk once I get my license.  But, if I do happen to run into another gorgeous hockey player who needs a ride, I would be able to give him one."  Jade and I laughed and I was set on my way to go back to my apartment.

I exited the apartment and entered the nippy Boston air.  "No matter what Northern city you're in, the winter chill is all the same."  I muttered as I tugged on my hat and gloves.  Once I maneuvered my way back to my apartment complex, I had Patrice buzz me into the warmth of Apartments in Somerville.  "Are you glad to be back?" I asked Patrice as I started making dinner.  "Yeah, but I liked it in Chicago.  I hope I get to see more of it."  He sighed.  "Maybe if this lockout continues, you and I can go.  Maybe Mom and Dad and Guillaume, too.  It would be nice."  I suggested.  "That sounds like a good idea, if the lockout persists." My phone vibrated, notifying me of a text from Jonathan.  "Who is this Jonathan?"  Patrice prodded me.  "None of your business."  I tapped his nose with the spoon I was using to mix the sauce.  "As your big brother, I think it is."  He said, sticking his tongue out at me.  The oven timer went off. "The garlic bread is done.  Can you grab it?"  Patrice got out an oven mitt and saved the perfectly toasted bread from burning.  I drained the noodles, and got out the bowls and silverware.  Dinner is served.   "Spaghetti.  You really know how to spoil me, MKay."  Patrice gushed as he gave himself a hearty helping of the popular pasta.

After dinner was all cleaned up, I sat down in the family room and checked what was on TV.  I saw How I Met Your Mother was on.  I clicked on it, and watched a few episodes while texting Jonathan.  We conversed about the show, the lockout, and our plans for New Year's.  I knew why Patrick really liked this show.  It was actually pretty funny.  I watched the end of the Christmas special episode and called it a night.

*******************************************Thursday*********************************************************

I woke up around 10 and milled around the apartment, waiting for Patrice to come home. He left early for the gym.  He came home around 1, but not alone.  He was with Tyler and Brad.  "MKay! Wassup?"  Brad greeted me as soon as he entered the room.  I blushed, suddenly being conscious of my attire.  I had not showered or changed out of my clothes that I slept in, and my hair was a raging mess.  "Uh, hey guys.  I didn't know Patrice was bringing home guests?"  I said, glaring at Patrice.  "Sorry about that, Mary.  Don't you have to get ready anyway?  I thought you were going over to Jade's  early to set up."  He said.  "Oh, yeah.  I'm going to go get ready."  I hurried back into my room to shower.  Once I was ready to go, I took a taxi to Jade's apartment.  Jade answered the door half dressed, hair half done, and food half made.  "Do you like Brad?  I told you you had until Thursday to tell me."  She invited me in and finished getting dressed.  "I think I do.  Oh, yes, I like Brad!"  She exclaimed, picking me up and spinning me around.  "He's just so- ah! I can't put it into words, but I'm so glad I'll be able to see him again tonight!"  She put me down and ventured into the bathroom to finish her hair and makeup.  "Well, I'm glad you like him.  It seems as if he likes you, too."  I replied. 

We finished making the food, creating just the right playlist, and finding just the right place to put the last string of lights.  Guests started to arrive, but the party really began when members of the team came.  The party was in full swing.  But, once I turned around to talk to Tyler, I couldn't find Jade anywehre.  "Do you know where Jade is?"  I asked Tyler.  "No. Have you seen Brad anywhere?"  "No..." I said.  "It's ok, I think I know where they are."  I grinned.  Tyler caught on and smiled too.  "Ah, I see."  We parted ways to talk to other people, and eventually Jade and Brad returned.  The party went on into night, and we all had a great time.

**Hope you liked it! More to come soon! -K**