4

The next month and a half is a whirlwind of chaos; getting resources and intel on ‘Hope’ as well as trying to find out what the hell happened to their ally, Rabbit.

After staying a couple nights at Jungkook’s house, Yoongi had gone back to his house with Namjoon. They ended up discovering that ‘Hope’ took out the majority of Rabbit’s group, taking what men were left and killed the man off. He had turned up in the river weeks ago, but his face had been so unrecognizable that no one had claimed the body. That was gonna cut back on revenue big time.

Rabbit had controlled most of the upper city, and now it was under new control whom Namjoon had fucked over. In other words, immediate enmity. Yoongi had swore up and down the house the entire day when he found out; having been cooped up for two weeks already at the time. He had spent the remainder of his time rerouting drop off and pick up sites as well as buying grounds. Having Rabbit gone also meant a dent in their man power—they were down at least thirty percent now.

“Shit,” Yoongi mutters to himself as the doctor cuts the cast from around his arm, immediately dragging his nails on this skin when it’s free.

“I don’t think I need to remind you, but just in case,” the doctor begins as he tosses the bandage in the trash. “Don’t strain your arm for another week at the least. I’d recommend two, but I know how you can be. Just try and go easy on it.”

Yoongi scoffs, hopping off the cot to twist his arm around. “Only when I’m dead, doc.”

The doctor grins, nodding. “I expected nothing less. Take care, Yoongi.”

“Thanks.”

***

It has been another week and a half before Hope comes around their normal hang out, a truck of bodies deposited at their door step.

“Twelve, to be exact,” he says, sitting on the cab of the truck with his feet resting in the bed. “Now we’re even.”

Namjoon stands his ground, narrowing his eyes at the other. “And what about his arm? We gonna get even for that?”

Hope reclines back, shrugging his shoulders once. “That was for giving me sixteen stitches in my side,” he pulls up his shirt to show the small jagged line of a scar.

Yoongi inwardly pats himself on the back. “Well, now you can scram. We don’t need you skulking about here.”

The man’s eyes draw to Yoongi, and the raven haired can practically feel amusement radiating off him. “I think we still have business to discuss.”

“There’s nothing to discuss,” Yoongi snaps instantly, clenching his jaw. “Leave now. You’ve made your point. No trespassing.”

Hope merely stands up and walks off the truck, pocketing his hands as the two men from the side of the truck come to stand behind him, each adorning a tattoo on their right arm. “I’ve become aware that I took over some territory that you had been using to transfer goods,” he goes on, ignoring the raven haired. “Which is why my men were killed, and why you now have bodies to dispose of.”

“We’ve worked the situation out,” Namjoon replies calmly, crossing his arms.

The brunet leans forward and back, raising an eyebrow. “But that must have cost you, huh? Can’t be nearly as much as you were bringing in before.”

“Like I said, the situation has been worked out,” Namjoon repeats crossly. “We’re done here.”

“No hospitality whatsoever,” Hope wails dramatically, shaking his head. “I’ll be seeing you around.”