Chapter 4 | First patrol

Start from the beginning

She had a look of relief combined with a hint of annoyance on her face after I finished my continuous word diarrhoea. "I'm glad you're being chill about it, but I swear to god I might actually rip your head if you keep making jokes" she said, with a deadly serious look in her eyes. I couldn't help but laugh more at her annoyed pout, she was too adorable and her attempt at being serious only made her cuter. "Hey! Quit laughing!" She yelled at me, playfully punching my arm as she let out a light laugh of her own.
"Hey, I can't *wheeze* help it!" I struggled to get out between my laughs.
"Why not?!" She said, annoyed despite starting to smile at my continued laughter. I eventually calmed down and without thinking, I spoke up.
"You're really cute, so I can't help but laugh when you get all angry and serious. You're like a puppy!" I said, but quickly clasped both of my hands over my mouth after I finished speaking. "Did I really just say that out loud?" I asked as Sally simply nodded. She was speechless and I was going slightly more red than her. 'Shit, what do I say now?' Was my immediate thought, but luckily for me the bell rang, signalling to us that we had to go to class. 'Perfect, an incredibly convenient segue. Oh hallelujah' I thought before speaking up. "W-well we should head to class now..." I said, quickly standing up before offering my hand to Sally. "Don't wanna keep the teacher waiting now do we?" I asked, Sally seemed to only be able to nod in response, probably because she was still surprised at what I said.

The rest of the day went on fairly well. I thankfully didn't see (B/N) for the rest of the day, probably on the account of his now broken nose. However, every time me and Sally made eye contact, we'd both quickly look away from each other with the both of us beet red. Eventually school ended as it normally would and I was walking home with nothing happening at all, a fairly surprising experience after... recent events. I was glad I wasn't being picked on by (B/N) but I was kinda sad that Sally wasn't with me. But I decided not to question it, instead I tried to enjoy the time I finally had to myself. I put my earbuds in started listening to (F/S) and with that, I after a short walk finished my stroll home. I got inside and dropped my bag by the door, stretching my arms up as my bag made a thud. I was feeling pretty hungry, so I made my way straight to the kitchen so I could get a snack. I swiftly opened a cupboard and grabbed some (F/F) that I was saving and sat at the couch, then I turned on the TV and sat on the couch while I ate.

(Time Skip brought to you by Sally thinking of you and blushing)

I had been sat in the same spot for forever at this point so I decided to turn the TV off and and head to my room, but not before checking the time. As I stood up and checked my phone, it read '21:02'. 'So it's 9PM huh? Damn I was watching TV for longer than I thought' I thought before my mind drifted to about what to do now. But as I walked up the stairs I remembered that I had to sew up my hoodie and mask. I got to the top of the stairs and turned left to head into my room, or at least I was until my stomach rumbled louder then I've ever heard. "Okay, kitchen first" I muttered to myself as I changed direction and headed back downstairs and made a beeline for the kitchen. I grabbed a chocolate bar to snack on while I cooked something proper. I somehow came to the conclusion that I deserved a treat today so I made some pancakes to eat while I was fixing my stuff. I danced about while I was flipping them because 'What's the point in doing something if you can't have fun at the same time?' I thought. Once they were all flipped and plated, I grabbed an assortment of toppings and just went to town. Once I was done adding I wanted, I grabbed the plate, a knife and fork, then I made my way up to my room.

After nearly falling up the stairs, I made it to my room and upon entering flipped my light switch with my elbow and set my food down. I plopped myself onto my chair and wheeled it back a bit, before I leaned underneath my desk and pulled out a sewing kit and the needed threads and sat them on the top. 'How convenient is it that I just happened to have this under my desk?' I thought, wheeling myself forward and beginning to stitch to the best of my ability. Not wanting to think too hard about it, I dismissed the thought as I took a savoury bite out of one of the pancakes. My mind began to wander and I thought about how glad I was that mom taught me how to cook, things would probably suck if she hadn't taught me how. As I finished fixing up the hood, I felt a stray tear roll down my cheek at the memories of my beloved mother. But I simply wiped it away and wolfed down two more of the pancakes that were on the small stack. 'I'd probably be really fat if I didn't work out a lot, not to mention this hella fast metabolism' I thought, realising how great of a comfort thing food was.