Chapter 7-Threads That Shake

RECAP:

                                     "Night Harry." I whisper, slightly flustered on why he kissed the top of my head. But it's normal because Dylan used to do the same when he tried to calm me down or I was sleeping, then he'd leave. It's offical, Harry Styles. We're now best friends and you can't deny moi.

                                  Soon enough, I felt Harry's grip around me loosen and his breathing become a slow, rhythmic one. I flutter my eyelids closed and try to drift off to sleep. I sure do sleep a lot. Or does Harry just make me tired? As if.  My dad's words echo through my head as I snuggle deeper in Harry's strong chest and feel him stir a little under me.

                                  I approve.  

                                         ----------------------------------------------------------------

                                    Yawning, I flutter my eyelids open. I looked down and took a sharp intake of breath. Harry's and my legs were wrapped together or intertwined. Harry was holding both of my hands in this, with his arms around me and I was leaning back onto his chest. I try to wiggle out of his grasp, Harry stirring and I immediately regret it. It was freezing. I quickly wrap the blanket around me tighter and leaned back into Harry, who's arms tightened around me.

                                      Harry's head was tilted to the side on the seat. I turn my head to the side to look at Harry. He looked so adorable. Whoa. I can not be having these thoughts.

                               "Harry?" I whispered. He mumbles something and squeezes me to him, his hands gripping on to me. Was he having a nightmare? How could he be having a dream in the morning? I thought people had nightmares in the middle of the night. Or did I just assume?

                                   I saw him wince and his eyes squeezed tight. He actually look troubled, in pain. I felt my heart clench, weirdly. Probably because he was an amazing friend and didn't want him to feel that way. I try to move my hand from his grasp so I can wake him up, but it doesn't move.

                                I furrow my eyebrows together and look up at Harry. And that's when I saw it.

                               A tear.

                           I saw a tear roll down his cheek. I felt my heart crack and without knowing what I was doing or thinking about it, I kiss the tear on his cheek. Startled at what I just did, I blush furiously. Why did I even do that? I needed to get my hands free before I did anything stupid like that again. Harry sure was strong. I finally got his massive hands pried off my small hands when his body starts shaking. Alarmed, I sit up, moving his arms away from me. I look at him and see his body was racking with sobs. What's wrong?

                                       I move his legs off the row of seats and sit down on the other side of the car. I lightly tugged his shoulders, my protective side showing, and lay his head on my lap. He curled his legs up into the fetal position. Not really knowing where to put my hands, I lay it on top of his torso, while the other one played with his curls. I felt really bad for him.

                                       All the sudden I felt something squeezing my hand and I looked down. Both of his hands were holding onto the one of my hand that I have around his torso.  I sucked in a breath. This was Harry's vulnerable state. What was making him sob? Using the hand I was playing with his hair, I grab the blanket he was using and tucked it around him as best as I could. I felt like I was tending to my child right now.