Chapter 10- Threads that Sink

Recap:

               Entering, Harry and I walked in, my dad and some nurses leaving us alone after telling us to click the red button on her remote by the bed for emergencies. I sat on the edge of the bed, seeing a pale, weak Chrissy. She didn’t look happy or joyful like she normally did. She had purple circles under her eyes and her brown eyes looked like the life had been sucked out of them.

                 Like she lost all hope in life.

               Harry approached her and her eyes didn’t light up like the other times, she didn’t smile. She watched Harry, transfixed, before Harry held open his arms and lifted Chrissy onto his lap on the bed where she broke down sobbing.

              “It hurt so much, daddy.” She sobbed, making my tears reappear. Harry kissed her forehead as I saw a single tear roll down his cheek again.

               “It’s okay now.” I lied, my voice shaky. Chrissy’s head looked out from above Harry’s arms.

            “No it isn’t. I know it.” She said sadly. I looked at Harry, who looked surprised, but kind of horrified that an eight year old didn’t have hope, that she knew it was the end of such a short life.

            “I love you, Chrissy.”I whispered, joining the two’s hug. Harry wrapped an arm around Chrissy and another around me, me doing the same, except wrapping an arm around Harry. Chrissy wrapped both arms around us and buried her head in between ours.

                 “I love you too, mommy and daddy.” She hiccupped.

                  “I love you too, Chrissy.” Harry whispered, squeezing us all tighter.

                                            ---------------------------------------------------------

                            It's been a month since Chrissy's been in the hospital. There have been some scares, which ended up with me at the hospital, crying.

                                Harry and the lads all been at the recording studio, recording for their new album, then they go on a big tour in America. They were filming music videos and doing interviews, album shoots and all the advertising. I haven't had much time to talk to any of them, especially Harry. Well, I guess I have time, but I learned that they didn't.

                                  I haven't felt as lonely as I do now in a long time. My best friend from childhood was coming over from France soon to visit family, so I hope he'll make time to visit me.

                                 I haven't forgotten about uploading videos, in fact I just finished uploading one. I did a cover of Home by Phillips Phillips. It kind of fit for Chrissy.

                              It was Sunday, time for my family dinner tonight. I knocked on the door, forcing a smile when my mother opened the door and squeezed me tight in her arms.

                                "Hey Mummy." I said, kissing her cheek.

                              "Charlie, get your butt down here! Eliza's home!" Renee, my mother hollered inside the house behind her.

                            "Coming!" I heard my dad reply from somewhere inside the house. She wrapped an arm around my waist and led me into the living room before sitting down on the couch, me taking a seat across from her on a plush chair.