Prime Minister Ziagil's wife, First lady in a custom Nomi Ansari dress.

Ahad Ziagil (Railway Minister) in a Republic shalwar kameez and waist coat

-

-

--

Zaydaan.

Making a difference, changing the world. They sound like such big words, words that hold more meaning than they should.

If you want to make a difference, you need to start today. They say.

I say fuck making a difference, break the whole god damn wall down.

For as long as I can remember, I have been selfish. I have craved power, control and respect. I have craved it all, and now I have it.

But power, all kinds of power comes with a price. A price that we all have to pay.

The price I had to pay was sacrificing my entire personal life, the price I have to pay now is to work day and night, get shit done and earn the appreciation of my people.

Personal life. What even was personal life for a politician? It was just a facade, it was a pawn you had that you could play or get played for, it was something you could sacrifice to have the power you so passionately craved.

When I was born, for the first few years, I was given whatever I wanted by my parents, but as I grew up, things changed.

I was given a choice by my father on the day I turned sixteen.

Be man enough to stand by my side or be a coward and live life on my money.

He had said. I had told him that one day, I would take away his power and make it my own.

And I did it.

But what price did I have to pay for it?

He gave me another choice that day.

Marry the woman you love and stick to being a minister or marry the girl that I chose for you and take the party chairmanship.

I chose power over love that day. And my heart got sealed in that exact moment.

There was no place for love in it anymore, no place to love a girl who was madly in love with me.

Because I had been in love with another woman since I was eighteen.

Minal had been the only person who understood me, who understood my personality and it was like I had a gift from God in her form.

But fate had been cruel and my own choices had killed the love we shared.

Making her believe that I didn't love her, that I never loved her was hard. Making my wife forget all the horrible things my lover had said was even more hard.