AFTER PARTY | ben hardy

Bohemian Rhapsody was the biggest upcoming movie. Not only that, but the one most people were waiting to see. Queen had been very popular back in the 70's and 80's, but as soon as the movie was announced, fans popped up left and right. As the owner of a bar in London, close to the Wembley arena, where Bohemian Rhapsody was premiering, you decided to host a special night in your business.

As a homage to your favorite band, Queen, and the premier, you hosted a Queen Karaoke night in your bar, the same night of the premier. If some people couldn't afford going to the premier, they could at least have fun and jam out to Queen.

The premier was three days away, and you were in the bar, decorating ahead of the premier and the karaoke night. Your friends had come over and have been helping you put up streamers, banners, posters and some Queen themed objects.

"Y/n, how does this look?" you turned, seeing your friend on the stepladder, holding the edge of the banner over the stage: Queen Night!

Stopping, you looked at the banner, "Little bit upwards," she moved the banner, tilting it, "Stretch it a little," she did as you told and you smiled, giving her a thumbs up. "Amazing!"

Grabbing the tack, she pinned up the edge of the banner, before stepping down and heading to where you were standing, organizing the posters to promote the bar.

"So, what else is next on the list?" she asked you as you sighed, finishing the last poster before turning to her.

"Well, we still need to reserve some seats for VIP's, just in case, we need to create the song list, and we need to have bartenders ready." you said, nerves going through your body as you crossed off another item from your list and added three more.

"Well, you already know both Archer and I are going to be bartending. I think three people is enough, it will be an intimate event for those that want to join. Remember, most people will be at the premier, and some will pass by the bar, but we won't have lots of people." she said as you nodded along to her words, before grabbing a handful of posters and placing them in her arms. "Archer! Get over here and help us with these posters!"

He emerged from behind the curtain, pushing his blonde hair out of his face as he approached both of you. "I was summoned?"

"How does backstage look? Well, the VIP Lounge." you asked as he made two thumbs up, smile on his face. "Great! Now, we're going to go around London and put up these posters. We'll meet back here in 2 hours, sound good?" they both nodded as you handed Archer a stack and you took one, turning off all the lights in the bar and locking the doors.

Walking to your car, they each walked to their own, placing the posters inside the passenger side and waving off to you. Sighing, you unlocked your car, placing the posters on the seat before getting in the drivers side, and driving off.

You headed to all the local shops that knew you and would let you put your posters up, then walked around and handed them off to people, who either smiled in your direction and took the poster or shooed you away politely while walking away. After three long hours of putting up posters and giving them to locals, you headed back to the bar. As you drove, you passed the Wembley arena, where they were setting up for the premier already, a smile on your face at seeing the posters and fans outside taking pictures of the setup.

You slowed to a stop behind your bar, turning off the engine and stepping out. Keys in hand, you unlocked the doors, walking inside and looking at the decorations. Purple and pink streamers decorated the bar, 70's Queen posters adorned the walls and lights were being fixed to create the same mood. Sighing, a smile on your face, you headed to the stage, making sure the microphone was connected and that the monitor worked.