CHERRY WINE | tom holland x female!reader

based on the song "cherry wine" by grentperez

-

The auditorium was busy, music flowing through the speakers as you stood off to the side, wearing your long wine-red dress, and silver heels on your feet. Something about the atmosphere and knowing you had come alone, was making you uneasy, the feeling of being out of place overcoming you as you shifted, a glass in your hand.

Why are you standing all by yourself?

Tom scanned the room from the far corner, beer bottle in his hand as he slipped the other into his pocket, the suit just the right fit on him as he smiled at those he recognized. Dropping the facade, he sighed audibly, taking another swig before noticing the familiar wine-red color from across the room, trailing the gown up towards the person's face. Y/n.

These shoes were made for dancing with someone else

Tom smiled and started heading over, as you caught his eye, putting down your glass on the table, and meeting him halfway.

"Hey Tom, didn't think I'd catch you here." you said, smile on your face.

"Wasn't thinking about coming here, but something told me I should." he smiled, "Maybe because you would be here?"

You giggled, "Tom, you knew I'd be here, remember? You asked me this yesterday."

"True," he placed his hands in his pockets, "But you also never gave me a straight answer."

Why don't we move over to that empty space?

He lightly placed a hand on the small of your back, leading you to the balcony overlooking the garden from the rented auditorium. Raking your eyes over your surroundings, you smiled, before turning back to Tom.

"So, where's your date?" you asked as he sighed.

He shrugged, "She didn't want to dance. Said this atmosphere was not for her."

Pursing your lips, you wandered your eyes over his features, noticing the sparkle in his eyes as he watched the moon, the hint of a smile as you scoffed.

"Well, she's missing out."

"Maybe." he turned back to you. "I didn't want to be here with her anway."

I'll bet you twenty bucks I'll put a smile on your face

"Who then?" tilting your head, you watching as he nervously chuckled, rubbing a hand on the back of his neck.

"Wanna dance, Y/n?" he asked you, as you sighed, crossing your arms and realizing he wasn't going to answer your question.

"If I dance with you, will you tell me?" he nodded, extending a hand to you.

Wringing your hands together anxiously, you breathed out, before taking his, as he led you back inside, a familiar song blaring through the speakers. He put one hand on your hip, the other taking your hand as you placed yours on his shoulder. He began to sway you two, making sure not to step on your dress as he spun you out, then towards him.

I know a place where we can
Dance the night away

Tom couldn't imagine anything but what he was doing right now. Holding you was something he had been dreaming about, and getting the chance to share a dance with you on such a beautiful night, is a blessing. Maybe you didn't feel the same thing he had been feeling for years, maybe it wasn't written in the stars for you two to end up together, or grow old next to each other, with children. But at least he couild enjoy the moment he has now, with you in his arms, giggling every time he spun you and dipped you.

All you had was a moment together. It was more than enough.

Well, it's too soon to give up on tonight
I haven't had the chance to show you my moves and I
I think you'd like to see while they would call me Mr. Dynamite

"So Tom, where are those moves everyone has talked about?" you teased, as he nervously laughed, spinning you and dipping you.

"I used to dance, it's not a big deal." he said, as you guys kept swaying to the beat.

"Oh come on, Holland, if you were a dancer then you sure as hell were good."

He kept denying it before you were finally able to convince him, as he began doing some complicated two-steps, and you followed, having had a dance background when you were younger.

Both of you giggling like school children as you swapped control, sometimes you leading him and then him taking the reigns. It was like you were back in high school, being teenagers again.

"You have moves, Holland. They were right." you smiled as he laughed.

Make the world spin slower
We can take our time and
Get to know each other
Over cherry wine

"Let's get a drink?" you asked Tom as he nodded, taking your hand and leading you to the bar.

"Two glasses of cherry wine please," he asked the bartender as he nodded, bringing you two cups and placing them in front of you.

"To.." Tom began, as you smiled.

"Us." he smirked, as you clinked your glasses together before taking a drink.

"So, Tom," you began, putting your glass down, "You told me you'd answer my question from earlier."

He rubbed the back of his neck, as he nervously laughed again. "Well, it's not that easy to just say it."

"Why?" you asked him as he looked away.

"Because it's you."

I've been waiting on this dance floor

The words spilled out of his mouth as yours slightly opened in surprise, you weren't expecting him to say that.

Made for two, baby
Won't you show me just what you can do?

The butterflies in your stomach began to flutter, as you blushed, Tom taking your hand and holding it close, realizing you weren't pulling away.

I don't wanna waste your time

He slowly started leaning in, his eyes fluttering between your lips and eyes, as he watched the sparkle beam in your eyes.

So please just have me for tonight

He paused, not wanting to cross a line in case you didn't want this. Growing impatient, you smiled, before placing a hand on the back of his neck as you pulled him in, your lips connecting with his.

The taste of cherry wine lingered, as you smiled into the kiss, one hand finding his way onto your jaw as he cupped your face, slowly deepening the kiss. You had wanted this for so long, something you didn't realize until you tasted the bitterness on his cherry lips, the smile against your own, and the clashing of pleasure.

You both pulled away, slightly panting for air as you leaned your forehead on his, his hand still cupping your jaw and yours on his shoulders.

"I've wanted to do that for so long," you admitted, a smile on your face as the warmth spread to your face, your cheeks turning a light shade of red.

"Me too," Tom lightly chuckled, as he slightly pulled away to look at you properly. "Wanna dance, darling?"

You laughed, as you gripped his hand and pulled him off the bar seats, this time taking control.

"Damn right, Holland," you smirked, "This time, maybe I'll be showing you some moves."

"Deal."

Know its too soon to say you're mine
Let's have a little drink tonight
Get to know each other over cherry wine