crawford starrick

( the green scholar )

CHLOE LONGED FOR twenty-first-century technology. Gone were the days of facial recognition and secured lines, of a simple internet search and motor vehicles. And good music.

(If Chloe had to listen to classical music one more time...)

She leaned against the brick wall of Henry's shop as he rifled through his documents inside. The sun kept the young adult warm against the sharp breeze London's early fall provided. She was used to the warm air Wakanda had provided her, no matter how short that period of time actually was. If her friends were here―

―Henry derailed that train. "Here are the files of all the people that came to mind."

The Assassin took the files from the man's hand. Eyeing the people that passed, Chloe sunk further back into the shadows and opened the file.

It was small― only three people had immediately caught the attention of the trio Chloe had enlisted for help. One was an old apprentice of a Doctor Bruster, one was apart of a group of engineers that had a past of aligning themselves with the Templars, and one was the leader of a weird cultist group that worshiped the unexplained. 

Peter Kane, Dorian Jones, and Andrea Rolen. 

With addresses and targets in mind, Chloe snapped the file shut and pushed herself off the wall. "'Appreciate the help."

Henry tilted his head. "Where are you going?"

The tension between her eyebrows increased. "Uh... out?"

"Did you expect us to allow you to go on this mission alone?"

Chloe placed her body in a way that she could easily make an escape if need be. "You've helped out more than I could've asked for."

Henry shrugged. "Are we not allies?"

She raised a brow.

"I promise not to underestimate the gravity of the situation," Henry said, his hands open in a non-threatening gesture. "However, I could not forgive myself if something happened to you, and I could've prevented it."

The woman finally understood the fondness for this man. She pointed at him, accusingly. "If you slow me down at all―"

"―I would not dream of such a thing."

Chloe sighed, giving in and waving her hand discreetly in her direction.

Henry grinned and followed.

They decided to check out their first contender― the occultist Andrea Rolen. 

She wasn't particularly hard to find. Flyers had been spread throughout the city depicting a club for those simply looking for a new hobby. Free to sign up and no particular requirements, it had slowly become popular to the same people who were obsessed with that whole Spring-Heeled Jack fiasco that Chloe read about in the papers.