jacob frye

( captain america: the winter soldier )

"SO, YOU'VE EXPERIENCED this sort of thing before."

With a sling supporting her shoulder, Chloe Frye approached Nick Fury, Sam Wilson, and Steve Rogers in the middle of a cemetery.

"You get used to it," Steve replied.

As Nick looked down at his own grave, the Assassin decided to make herself known. "Well, you certainly picked a weird place to meet."

The statement made all eyes meet her own. Chloe smiled at Nick. "Got your message. You certainly surprised a colleague of mine."

Nick, smirking slightly, continued his statement. "We've been data mining HYDRA's files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship. I'm headed to Europe tonight. Wanted to ask if you would come."

"There's something I got to do first," Steve replied.

"How about you, Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities."

"I'm more of a soldier than a spy," Sam said, glancing at Steve.

Nick turned to Chloe. "Frye?"

Chloe inhaled and exhaled. "As tempting as that sounds, I got people who need me back at base."

"All right then." Nick sighed. He shook hands with Steve and Sam and exchanged a nod with Chloe. "Anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me, right here."

"You should be honored. That's about as close as he gets to say thank you."

The Assassin turned around to see Natasha approaching the group. Steve turned to Natasha. "Not going with him?"

"No," she replied. "I blew all my covers. I got to figure out a new one."

"That might take a while."

"I'm counting on it." Natasha smiled. "That thing you asked for, I called in a few favors from Kiev."

A file was passed from Natasha to Steve. Chloe glanced at it and noticed Russian scribbled over it. "Will you do a favor, Steve? Call that nurse."

"She's not a nurse."

"And you're not a SHIELD agent."

"What was her name again?"

"Sharon. She's nice." Natasha gave Steve a kiss on the cheek. "Be careful, Steve. You might not want to pull on that thread."

 Nat turned to Chloe. Sticking out her hand, the two females exchanged a handshake. Natasha gave the teenager a quick wink and left, leaving the three behind.

Opening her hand, Chloe saw the small tracker devise resting in the palm of her hand. Smiling, she stuck the tracker in her pocket and turned to the two men. "Well, boys, it's been fun."

Sam nodded at her sling. "You gonna be alright?"

"Nothing I can't handle, don't worry about me." Chloe dug into her pocket and tossed a burner phone to Steve. "I've been informed that apparently, I owe you one. So, if you need my help, don't be afraid to give that number a call."

Steve nodded and smiled at the girl, pocketing the phone. "What are you going to do now?"

She breathed. "I got a thing I have to take care of. Involves a certain ancient artifact my team and I got to track down."

Sam smiled. "I'm not even going to ask. Good luck with your mission."

Chloe nodded. "Thanks. Don't get yourself killed or into trouble while I'm gone."

With those final words, Chloe Frye turned from the two men and left the cemetery, disappearing into the busy streets of DC.

Well, look who made it! First off, I wanna thank all of the support I've gotten through this series. You guys are great. 

Don't worry, I'm not gonna be gonna be gone for long. I have to lay out the series a bit more and figure out a few things.

I hope you guys had as much fun reading this as I had writing this. 

edited: 2/24/18

and this, ladies and gentlemen, is where the writing gets better.

peace,

aidan.