ratonhnhaké:ton

( captain america: the winter soldier )

"WHO AM I staking out again?"

A loud sigh came from the other side of her comm. "A possible HYDRA agent. You did say you wanted to help Romanoff and Rogers, right? This is a way to do it, using your vision for the greater good."

"Sometimes I wonder how we're related."

"I take offense to that."

"Yeah, yeah." She scanned the crowds at the bar, looking for her target and possibly her target's target. Every life counted when SHIELD and HYDRA were fighting their fight once again, bringing other agencies into the mix. 

Spotting her guy, her back straightened slightly. "Alex, I have eyes on the target."

"Great! Just get him out and-"

"Hey, beautiful."

Chloe, trying hard not to pay attention to the obviously drunk man, felt her eyes roll dramatically at the poor soul. Facing the creep, she smiled as sarcastically and sickly sweet as she could. "Not to be rude or anything, but kindly fuck off."

The Frye heard a snort on the other line.

Turning back to face her target, she felt the man place a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, why don't you and I-"

Before the man could finish, Chloe shoved the man's head onto the wooden table and pushed him onto the ground, leaving him unconscious. She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Men."

"Hey!"

"Not you, you idiot. Now, what next?"

 ★

After disposing the body of the ex-HYDRA agent, Chloe followed Alex's instructions to the hospital Natasha and Steve were at. The two argued silently over how the youngest cousin would tell an ex-Red Room agent that they tagged her, but Alex opted to not tell her at all.

"I'm just saying, I value your life as much as you value yours."

Chloe observed as one angry Steve Rogers forcibly shoved Natasha Romanoff into a secluded room, making the teenager shift slightly. 

"You okay?"

"Have you ever dealt with a pissed off super-soldier?"

"Oh, yeah, good luck with that." 

Taking a deep breath, the young Assassin raised her hood and wiped the smile off of her own face. It was time for her to do her job. Opening the door, Chloe walked in to see the two Avengers argue over something unknown to her.