malik al-sayf

( captain america: civil war )

 ★

CHLOE STEPPED INTO the bar, her hood up to the point of blocking her upper facial features. She spotted Sam and Steve sitting at the bar with a blonde woman speaking next to them. The Assassin walked up to the left of the Falcon, taking advantage of the temporary distraction.

"―Most of it's noise, except for this." The woman passed Steve a file as Chloe scanned the room with utmost caution. "My boss expects a briefing pretty much now, so that's all the head start you're gonna get."

Steve took the file. "Thank you."

"You're gonna have to hurry," she continued. "We have orders to shoot on sight."

The woman left as Chloe glanced at the file. "Who's she?"

Steve's eyes dropped to the table as Same jumped in surprise. "God, kid. How do you do that?"

Chloe smirked, her mouth the only feature prodding eyes can see. Glancing around the room once more, her eyes glowed a golden hue to figure out the safety of the bar. "So, I'm here. Why?"

Steve glanced at the young adult. "We could use someone with your talents and connections. I'm using that favor you owe me."

"I'm surprised Cap hasn't asked you to join the Avengers yet," Sam stated.

Chloe shrugged, her eyes cold and calculating. "Would if I could, but I can't."

"How's your arm? Can you fight?"

The Assassin looked at the Captain. "Well, seeing as I nearly died in a cave a couple months ago, I'd say I'm good. Just gotta make sure I don't overdo it; Doctor's orders."

Steve nodded and Sam laughed. "Dying in a cave, why am I not surprised?"

"Why are we here?"

Chloe walked into the rustic apartment behind Steve, her eyes scanning for possible threats. Her bow and quiver, along with her sword and electric blade, were equipped with the young Assassin.

Steve took a book off of the refrigerator as Chloe glanced out of the dusty window. Her bow was loaded with her signature red arrow in case of an upcoming fight, one she insisted would take place. Her mind was on high alert and filled with questions. Where was Barnes?

"Heads up, Cap," Sam spoke through coms. "German special forces approaching from the south."

"Understood," Steve spoke, his head not lifting from the book.

Chloe, sensing another presence, whipped around and pointed her arrow at Barnes. "Steve."

Rogers turned around and saw Bucky with his hands up in a surrendering motion. His hand was out to the side and gestured to Chloe. "Frye, stand down."