aveline de grandpre

( captain america: the winter soldier )

"THIS IS... MY God, this is Michel Reuge's vault!"

Chloe's eyes snapped open. Sitting up, she held her head in her hands. She swore she fell asleep in the car with Natasha and Steve. Shaking her head slightly, Chloe's brown eyes scanned the room, finding Evie and Jacob Frye in the middle of... a vault?

Jacob gasped. "Michel Reuge's Vault? It can't be."

"You have no idea who that is, do you?"

"Not the foggiest."

Chloe groaned again and dragged herself to her feet. Shaking her head slightly again, she walked over to the twins to see what they were digging through.

"He was an Assassin." Evie explained. "Father had one of his books. Legend says he found some fabulous treasure near Bath that drove him mad. He locked it away beneath London in a vault that could only be opened by special musical boxes."

"'Special musical boxes'? Now who's mad?"

She allowed her head to turn away and face the rest of the vault. The Assassin looked at the vault before resting her back on the main funnel in the middle of the room, closing her eyes.

"Where did Captain America learn to steal a car?"

Chloe snapped open her eyes again, meeting the bright lights of the real world. She sat up straighter in the backseat of the car and looked out the window to see trees, trees, and more trees. Rolling her neck, she stretched as much as she could in the back of a small vehicle.

"Nazi Germany." Steve answered. "And we're borrowing. Take your feet off the dash."

Chloe caught Natasha send him a look before slowly doing so, smirking slightly before gazing out the window, letting her thoughts drift.

"Alright," Natasha spoke, cutting the silence. "I have a question for you, of which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know-"

"-What?" Steve asked, irritated.

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?"

Chloe hid her laugh with a cough, exchanging a quick smile with tho older woman.

"That bad, huh?"

"I didn't say that." Natasha defended.

"Well, it find of sounds like that's what you're saying."

"No, I didn't- I just wondered how much practice you had."

"I don't need practice-"

"-Everybody needs practice-"