Chapter 5

It all started out on a peaceful day and Loki guessed that it was that moment that everything came tumbling down around them.

Odin had called all of the warriors, speaking of one last training session before Thor was announced king of Asgard. Everyone was to attend the feast; the Warrior Three, Lady Sif, Loki, and even Perseus and Sallina. It was to be the biggest anyone had ever witnessed and was to be seen as one that would be remembered for eons to come.

"Good evening, my prince," Perseus offered Loki a grin, hands tucked in the pockets of his formal garbs.

It had been seven years since the two gods met and they were closer than ever. Every third day, just as before, the two would converse in the clearing, talking about anything that suited the time. Perseus was one of the most well-known medics of Asgard and someone Odin called upon for a problem with his guards. At the same time, Frigga enjoyed his inputs on her sewing skills and loved seeing his new works.

Loki had become a master of magic and even Frigga said that he was well past her in terms of skill. The god of mischief didn't dye people's hair anymore. Now, he performed feats of magic for the children eager to watch as their parents were away. He made people laugh and cry as he told a story with the green light that whispered from his fingers. His power was strong and he practiced with Perseus, creating clones of himself for so long, even Frigga felt she would tire in half the time. It was truly amazing to see how he prospered with time and a good friend.

"Evening, Perseus," Loki nodded at his friend before looking back at all of the Asgardians seated.

Perseus followed his gaze, brushing the curtains aside a bit. They were standing off to the side, just out of sight, and the water god knew his friend was nervous to go up on stage where people would notice how the youngest didn't get the throne no matter how hard he tried. It was no secret that some didn't appreciate Loki and his use of magic. They felt that he wasn't a true warrior.

The medic looked over at the god of mischief and allowed a tiny grin on his face. He knew different.

"I wouldn't worry, Loki," The water god said, releasing the curtain. "Somehow, I feel like you were meant for much more than ruling a kingdom such as Asgard."

The other looked at him, an eyebrow raised, "Truly?"

"Yes," Percy nodded with absolute sincerity. "In fact, to show you that I am, indeed, serious," He reached inside his pocket, somehow extracting a perfectly intact flower. It was all green with a golden stem that seemed dangerous yet elegant at the same time. "This is a flower straight from my very own personal garden. It is called Lahnhii and I thought it reminded me of my favorite trickster. It represents elegance and strength. It should give you courage on stage."

Loki took the flower, staring at it with wide eyes. It was soft in his palms and he felt a smile curving his lips as he clasped it by his collarbone on his cloak. It wasn't big and so it did not draw too much attention to himself. He looked up at his friend, "It is beautiful. I thank you, Perseus, for being my friend."

"No, my prince," Perseus backed up a step and bowed at the waist, a fist on his chest. "It is I who should be thanking you. Long live Prince Loki of Asgard."

It had all happened so fast.

One moment, Thor was cockily walking towards Odin and kneeling in front of the throne and, next, Loki was standing in Jotunheim, watching as Thor, the Warrior Three, and Lady Sif get used to the harsh winter for a moment. His brother's plan was absolute ludicrous and he wondered if he learned anything from Perseus in the past seven years. Truly, his brother spent the time with the water god, learning everything he could about becoming a king and a great warrior. Still, it seemed for moot as he followed the foolish blonde to where the Frost Giants resided.

"We should not be here," He hissed to Thor, looking around carefully.

"Worry not, brother," The god of thunder clapped him on the shoulder heartily. "We shall finally test our strength and show father we are true warriors!"

Loki could only roll his eyes. Of course.

And then King Laufey had to say the line that caused the fight in the first place.

"Run back home, little princess."

Loki lowered his head, "Damn."

He could see the moment a grin slid on the god of thunder's face and how the hammer lowered, getting ready for a mighty swing. The Frost Giants went flying and all hell broke loose and, gods, Loki wished he was with Percy in their clearing, reading magic books and relaxing.

"Next?" Thor grinned, looking at all of the Frost Giants surrounding them.

Then, they found themselves running from a massive creature and supporting one of the Warriors because no one paid attention to the warnings of never touch a Frost Giant. During all of this, Loki had to wonder what Perseus was up to. It couldn't be any crazier than what he was going through.

Not soon after the beast fell, Odin appeared, clearly angered by their actions, Thor's especially, and his brother declared that he and the king could finally defeat the Frost Giants together. It was very clear that that was not happening and the young god would be punished for what he had done.

Loki found himself running through the town, looking for Perseus. His friend had trained Thor, he would like to know what the fool had done while he was unawares. He didn't see him anywhere, however, and the god of mischief was beginning to become concerned. He could, however, see Sallina in front of her home and ran up to her.

"My prince!" She exclaimed, grabbing his arm before he could get a word out, "Please, tell me you have seen Perseus! The guards came and took him, for what I do not know. Tell me you have seen my son!"

The god of chaos could feel a sense of dread seep into his bones, "I have not, Sally, no. But I will find him, you have my word."

"Who should ever hold this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor."