Ch. 65 Traveling

I was speeding down the road trying to make it on time to leave with the rest of the group. I took a sharp turn and then another into the warehouse. Everyone backs off as I skid to a stop. Just because I was pregnant didn't mean I couldn't ride my cruiser. At least not right now. 

I pulled off my helmet and was automatically scolded. I got off the bike with a small smile on my lips. Derek didn't want me riding it any time soon, but I had no other way of coming over here quickly. 

"Sorry, I needed to get here fast." He nodded and opened his arms. "So, can we go get my brother now." 

"No, Lydia is missing and she won't answer her phone." He walked towards us tapping his phone against the palm of his hand. 

"Why don't we leave her here?" Peter spoke up.

"Well, what if she is hurt or in trouble." I sigh

"Stiles, I understand your worry for Lydia, but I need to get to my brother before something bad happens to him." he looked me dead in the eye and nodded. He looked down deep in thought probably thinking of what to do. 

"Mason has a study group at the school, I can ask him to find her." Stiles immediately nodded and everyone agreed it was time to leave. 

We made our way towards the van we were taking, but Peter called out, "It's not just Kate. There are Berserkers. Just because there is a human under there doesn't mean there is any humanity. He's scared of them." I rolled my eyes. He just has to give a speech, "Don't worry, it's that fear that will keep you alive. Remember we don't fight the Berserkers to survive, we fight to kill." He turned and got into his car.

"Yes, we fight to kill, and we kill to survive," I mumbled out. I was walking towards the back of the van with Stiles, Derek, and Liam when Derek took notice and stopped me. 

"What are you doing?" I furrowed my brows at his question. 

"What do you mean? I'm getting in the car so we can go save my brother." I put one foot in the car and was about to jump in when a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist and pull me out. 

"Nope." I tried to argue but was continuously cut off, "No. I don't want to hear it. We have an uncontrollable werewolf. He can tear you to shreds. Nope, that final." I stayed quiet as he opened the door the car and put me inside. "You can buckle yourself, right." I rolled my eyes and looked away from him. 

He leaned up to kiss me, but I pushed his face away. He let out a playful scoff at my action causing me to hold back my laughter. 

"What if I die back there." He knew this would get to me. I turn to him and smack his chest. 

"You aren't goin-" he grabbed my hand from his chest, leaned up and gave me a kiss. 

"I love you." he jumps down and closes the door. We can feel the car move as he steps in the back and slams the doors shut. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were still on the road and I was wrapped in one of Derek's sweaters that he made me wear. I was slowly falling asleep when there was a noise of growling and then the car swerved. I shot up and my head hit the window. I gripped the door and console to keep from flying around the car. 

"We're almost there!" Braeden calls out to them. I blink away the sleep from my eyes and look at Braeden who is still struggling with the wheel. I reach over and grab hold of the wheel and manage to get the car to steer better. She looks at me and gives me a nod, "You ok." I nod.

"I was just sleeping so I was caught off guard." She nods and smiles. 

"He should have buckled you in too." I smile and turn back to the road. I can hear another growl from the back of the van so I turn around.