Ch. 61 Cherished

A/N: I know this chapter isn't that good, but I really needed to update. This chapter is just Derek and Loralie just so you know if you're reading this. Hope you enjoy.

I was on the bottom floor of the hospital along with everyone else, except Melissa. Melissa was talking with the doctors while I had to figure out what I wanted to do with her body and plan her funeral. 

We were all quiet. Thinking silently of what I should do. At least I tried to think of what to do, but I couldn't. If I tried to think about the fact that I had to make the decision of either cremating her body or just burying it, all I could think about it those last moments I had with her. I was fiddling with her ring in my hand. 

I couldn't stand sitting here, I felt so helpless. I stood up and I can tell all eyes were on me, just not any I wish were. I walked out of the hospital and into the rain. I look to my left to see the tree still on the floor. 

When I stared at the tree all I could think about is when we got the news she passed. Hearing the doctors declare her time of death and the sobs that followed. It made everything so much worse. I can feel the cool ring in my hand. 

Tears flooded my eyes. Yes, I was broken, but I was also mad. These hunters have officially made my life a living hell. 

"Derek!" I ignored the voice. I just stood there staring up at the starry night, letting the rain mix with my tears. "Derek." 

Now the voice was next to me and it was Scott. I looked to my left to see him staring at me. He had a smile on his face. He put his hand on my shoulder. 

"What?" my voice was scratchy from not talking for hours, only crying. 

"She started responding to the machines again. She's alive and we all thought since she was asking for you before.. you know, maybe you should see her first." My heart stopped beating for a second. I didn't know what to do. I was frozen in shock. 

Scott grabbed my arm and dragged me for a couple of seconds before I started walking by myself. But excitement overfilled me and I ran to the elevator. Scott behind me. We made it into the elevator. 

I was tapping my foot and putting her ring as far on my finger as possible before pulling it back off and repeating. 

The ding of the elevator signaled it was opening. It took a second then you can see the white light filling the hallway. We were walking towards her room when he heard a loud crash of glass breaking coming from the direction of her room. 

I shoved her ring in my pocket and we both ran for our lives toward her room. Melissa was right in front of us. Everyone was standing behind me, including doctors, when I rammed through the door to see the large window with a hole in it and an empty bed. The sound of the heart monitor was a dead ringer of the fact that she died, but now it off of a body signaling either she got up and left or she was taken. 

The doctors left and Melissa turned to me. 

"They are gonna put out a search party and have people looking for her. We're gonna find her." I nodded 

"She was scared." I turned to Scott who was standing by the bed. "I can sense it, she was scared." I looked down and saw a piece of a hospital gown. I bent down and picked it up to see a trail of them coming from the bathroom. 

"I would've guessed she was taken, but now it doesn't make sense." Stiles looked at what I had in my hands to the trail. 

"I got to find her," I said in low voice. I turned around and ran into a running Malia. "What happened?"