chapter seven

『 🍃 』

『 🍃 』

Osaka, Japan

May 2017

"So, let me get this straight–Hoseok offered to take you to a restaurant or the movies, and you still can't admit it's a date?"

I shook my head from left to right, still denying. "You don't get it. We're friends, he sees me as a friend. Why is it so hard to accept?"

Glaring at me, Miya sighed and walked away, leaving the bathroom. "I won't deal with your bullshit right now."

"Oh, come on!" I rolled my eyes, chasing her through the house. "Let's not talk about it then."

Stressing over the upcoming dinner with Hoseok, I could not refrain from thinking of it. I needed to talk about it, but apparently my sister was not ready to hear me out. No matter how obvious it sounded, I refused to admit this was a date. I mean, why in hell would he ask me out on a date? I wasn't dumb. Plenty of women must have been at his feet, there were prettier girls than me, it was 200% sure. He knew people that would actually worth being taken on real dates. Miya was just too caring to admit it. Deep inside, she knew.

"Great, I have a more important topic anyway." My sister sat on the couch in the living room, turning the TV on in the meantime. "So, how is it going with Mom? Ken told me she's been mean to you."

As much as I wanted to change the subject, I knew we had to talk about it. My siblings were actually the only ones with whom I could vent my anger when it came to Mom, yet I never told them how abusive she was.

"You won't believe it." I spat, quite annoyed now that I thought of it. "She wants me to lose weight before going to South Korea, to prevent you from getting humiliated."

"Humiliated?" The brown-haired woman frowned, waiting for me to go on.

"Humiliated." I repeated. "For having such a fat and gross sister."

"Oh God!" She exclaimed. "You must listen to her! How in the world can I introduce you to my in-laws? They're going to lose it as soon as they see you!"

I couldn't help but laugh at my sister's poor act. At least, she made the situation less dramatic.

"Seriously (y/n), don't let Mom get to you. You're not that fat, there's no need to worry for your health. She is being dramatic, you know her."

I rolled my eyes. "It doesn't make it easier for me. Hearing my own mother calling me such names..."

I fought back the tears that were threatening to fall and pursed my lips as my sister gently rubbed my back, forming circles.

"You're beautiful (y/n), even Mom knows it. She just wants to keep you from the potential critics you might receive. She's bad at it, I agree, but she wants you to be happy." I was about to retort but she hushed me. "I'll have a word with her, let me handle it."