Romance, Romance Everywhere

⬆ (Lol, I had to)

⬆ (Lol, I had to)

Anyway, I am not a big romance fan, and I'm sure you probably got that from my previous rants. I actually have this really weird relationship with romance because I imagine myself being happy in a romantic relationship, but I don't really like to talk about it, watch it, read about it, or have anything to do with it, really. And sometimes, I really confuse myself when I find myself shipping characters because I'm honestly not into that kind of stuff...

 And sometimes, I really confuse myself when I find myself shipping characters because I'm honestly not into that kind of stuff

⬆ (Meh)

Whatever. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that romance is not a genre I'm particularly into, but I don't mind it when it's incorporated in the vast majority of other genres like fantasy, action, and science fiction.

That said, I don't understand why romance has to be everywhere. Why does there always have to be romance when the story is about a girl-boy duo? 

Like, it's okay when the romance is a sub-plot that's more subtle than outright kissing and getting into bed, but honestly, I think it's kind of overrated. Especially since you know exactly who will end up together. That's kinda boring, isn't it? Or maybe it's just me...idek.

The reason I'm even pointing this out is because whenever I'm searching for a book in a certain genre, I always see romance. It gets annoying after a while because I'm trying to look for a book that's not focused on that.

Romance is freaking everywhere, having its own subgenre within genres. (Ex: Fantasy-Romance, Adventure-Romance, Historical-Romance). And since Romance is so popular, it's in every single genre/category search I make on Wattpad and I'm tired of it being shoved into my face everywhere I look.

 And since Romance is so popular, it's in every single genre/category search I make on Wattpad and I'm tired of it being shoved into my face everywhere I look

(Me when I open a book and realise it's a pure Romance with little Fantasy elements)

Heh. Whatever. I'm done.  

Anyway, this was a short rant because I just wanted to get it out of the way. Also because I have BIG NEWS! ⤵

〰〰〰

Hey, guess what?

I'm finally publishing my new book! If you're too lazy to click on my profile and check it out there, you can just read down below the synopsis I have kindly provided. I'm kind of nervous and excited about this, and I'm really hoping at least one reader would enjoy it. :3

Here it is:

Title: Phantom Hunters: Saphir Casters Academy

Genre: Fantasy

Synopsis:

No room for failure, an ancient brewing secret, and perfecting magic art.

In a world where magic can only be cast through a vessel, an ongoing battle between good and evil encircles the lives of all casters, whether it's fighting corruption of the soul or ridding evil auras from the world.

After seven whole years apart, Kael Smaradine finally meets his brother who comes with news that Kael will attend the only academy in the world that teaches casting.

Saphir Casters Academy is a prestigious academy that only a select few will have a chance to graduate. To learn how to eradicate phantomscasters corrupted by their power Kael leaves his home country for the first time in his life.

Once in the melting pot of cultures, Kael learns what it takes to become a phantom hunterand the dangers that follow. With friends and enemies alike, Kael must survive his class or face elimination.

Kael believes he's got what it takes to attend the academy, but as his skills are tested, surviving even the first semester of this harsh academy proves to be difficult. And the possibility of elimination strikes too close for comfort.

The first chapter should be up by the time you go check it out...if you decide to check it out. I totally get it if you don't, so don't feel pressured. :)

Aaah! I'm screeching here, still wondering if it was the right decision to make. Like, legit it feels like I'm about to take an audition or take a final exam or something. Is it just me who does this?

Eh, whatever.

I'm just gonna go be weird somewhere else. XD

BYE!