二十三

O

•edited•
"That's on you."

"Mr. Stark." Phil greeted as he put down his phone.

"Phil! Come in!" Pepper greeted him warmly.

Pepper happily got up and walked over to him. Lenna got up as well and quickly followed in suit while Tony followed in a more argumentative manner.

"'Phil'?" he asked sassily.

"I can't stay," he said shortly before smiling at Lenna. "How are you doing kid?"

"Well for starters, I'm almost seventeen," she said with a sigh. "Not a kid anymore!"

"His first name is Agent," Tony continued to sputter.

"I can drive now!" Lenna went on.

"Yes it's terrifying," her father said as he smiled fondly at her hilariously adorable scowl.

"Ignore those two," Pepper said cheerfully as she raised her champagne glass slightly. "Come on in, we're celebrating."

Tony shook his head slightly as he regained his focus on the topic at hand. "Which is why he can't stay," he said with a fake smile in Coulson's direction. Lenna slapped his arm causing him to jump and then scowl at her.

"We need you to look this over as soon as possible," he said holding out a black laptop to the billionaire.

Tony stared at the laptop before commenting, "I don't like to be handed things."

Lenna sighed and held her hand out expectantly. "Just give it here," she said tiredly. After receiving the laptop she turned around and walked over to the computer.

"Ya know," Tony said pausing before he walked over to where his daughter was connecting the laptop to the computer. "Official consulting hours are between eight and five every other Thursday."

"This isn't a consultation," said Phil.

"I bet it's about the Avengers," Lenna shouted with a laugh. She tossed a playful wink over her shoulder to the agent.

"Ooh!" Pepper said giddily. She sobered up quickly at Phil's expression. "I know nothing."

"I thought it was scrapped," Lenna said.

"Yeah, and I didn't even qualify!" Tony said bitterly.

"I bet I would've," Lenna murmured from her place at the computer. She quickly turned around at the look on her face and face and continued to type.

"Yeah, apparently I'm volatile, self-obsessed, and don't play well with others!"

"That I did know," Pepper said with a smile that she hid behind her glass.

"This isn't about personality profiles anymore," Phil said calmly still holding the glass of champagne.

Pepper and Tony go off to the side for a moment to speak leaving Phil and Lenna by themselves.

With a murmur, Lenna proceeded to project the information from the laptop into a holographic form. Pepper and Tony looked at the holograms as they continued to talk. Lenna glanced at Pepper whispering in Tony's ear and made a face to Coulson. He chuckled as the couple pulled away.

"Are you by chance heading to LaGuardia?" Pepper inquired as the two walked away.

Lenna watched them before turning to each of the files. First to the one with a great green beast destroying everything then to Captain America on his motorcycle fighting Nazis. She walked over to the files of her mentors Natasha Romanoff and Clint Barton.

"Wow," she breathed.

A movement to her left distracted her. Lenna turned around to see her father looking at a blue cube that was glowing.

"Wow."