ᶠᵒᵘʳ

Lenna Kay Williams squirmed in her seat, trying to find a comfortable position in the fancy black convertible

Lenna Kay Williams squirmed in her seat, trying to find a comfortable position in the fancy black convertible. Tony stared straight ahead, ever so often casting a glance that was lost to the girl.

What should she say? Should she say anything? No, she should definitely say something... but what?

"Where was the fucking condom, man?"

The car jerked slightly before Tony regained his composure and looked at the fifteen-year-old who was glaring at him from the passenger seat.

"Does the Great Tony Stark have no pull-out game?" She looked at him expectantly.

He gaped at her for a moment longer before rubbing a hand over the bottom half of his face. "Yeah, you're my kid alright." He chuckled and continued to drive through the luxurious countryside. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't know about your existence--although who can blame me? Right, not the point, sorry. But, like, where did you even come from?"

Lenna pointed at him. "Besides your man-stick? Idaho."

"Idaho?" Tony laughed. "Shit, if I had known you were living in Idaho I'd've come rescue you a long time ago."

Lenna crossed her arms and jutted out her bottom lip. "Woulda been nice..."

Tony frowned slightly, "I'll make it up to you. All fifteen birthdays, Christmases, Thanksgivings—everything. I'll make it up to you. You're gonna have everything you dreamt of having when you were in potato country, alright? Just say the word."

Lenna glanced at the trees and held in a smile. The grove cleared and revealed a mansion at the edge of a cliff, completely alone with nothing for miles.

"HOLY SHIT! You live here?!"

Tony cackled as Lenna kneeled in her seat and leaned over the door. He peeked at her and was shocked to see how much of a resemblance they held. She smirks like me but smiles like Mom.

"Hell yeah, pipsqueak! You're gonna love it here. Just don't touch my cars or my suits, and everything will be peachy."

As they pulled into the driveway, a man in a black suit waited for them in the front yard. Not waiting for the car to stop, Lenna leaped out of the car and raced around to the front of the house.

"Tony, if you don't mind, I'll need to go over some ground rules with Lenna--"

"Lenna, this is Happy, my ex-driver and now the head of my security. Happy this is my daughter, treat her as if she were me, just shorter and with longer hair." He mimed brushing hair over his shoulder dramatically before pulling her inside the house with an arm around her shoulder. "JARVIS?" he called once they were in the house.

"Yes, sir?"

"Do you know who this is?"

There was a beat of silence.

"Judging from the physical similarities and the excitement in your voice, I believe it is safe to assume that this is your daughter."

"Daughter?!" Lenna was startled at the presence of a tall woman. Her heels clacked as she strutted towards the two, her long strawberry blonde hair flowing gracefully down her back. "Tony, I leave you alone for two days, and you come home with a daughter?"

"Lenna Williams." Lenna offered stiffly.

"Pepper Potts," she replied, shaking her hand. She turned to Tony. "Seriously? You have a daughter? Why am I not surprised?"

"Don't be that way Pepper," whined Tony. He reached out and grabbed her hands. "Are you jealous? Because Lenny here is thirteen years old."

"I'm fifteen."

"Exactly!—way before you and I met."

Pepper laughed lightly and shook her head. She glanced at their intertwined hands and back to the girl who had been inching away from them slowly. Tony noticed the smile in her eyes had been replaced with a new emotion he didn't like.

"Welcome home!"

"I'll show you to your room." Pepper beckoned her to follow as they made their way up the stairs.

Lenna amused herself with the thought of living in this house with her old family. She imagined the boys tripping over themselves, eventually falling into the waterfall that streamed from the ceiling; the way the little girls would fawn over the beauty of the surrounding area. The piano would forever be singing, and the sunset would be the perfect replacement for a movie every night.

"I'm sorry it's so boring," Pepper said, startling her. "We weren't expecting an addition to our little family, so forgive me if this room isn't to your taste." Lenna nodded cooly and set her bag down on the king-sized bed. "If there is anything you need, don't hesitate to ask me, Tony, or JARVIS."

She left the room as Lenna inspected it. Her old room was probably three times as small compared to this one, and her bed would look like a doll's in here. The room was rectangular with a curved wall of windows facing the ocean. The inner walls were painted a soothing grey and the balcony was large enough for her to sleep on. Her bed was positioned in the exact center. The wall facing the door had a clear desk opposite the bed that was mostly empty except for a small succulent. A monitor was positioned above the desk so she could watch TV in bed.

A laugh escaped her lips as she sat on the bed. Was this real? Was she the main character in a movie where they get it all? No, this couldn't be real.

Her gaze drifted to where a large door and similar sized dresser sat taunting her. Without even looking she knew the closet was going to be larger than her old room.

"Excuse me, Miss Stark."

Lenna looked around for the robotic voice.

"Mr. Stark would like for your opinion on the room."

The room? The room was amazing. It exceeded her expectations--no, it blasted her expectations into space with the message: "You thought that small?"

"It's pretty cool."

The door hit the wall, and the owner of the house marched up to Lenna with wide eyes.

"Only 'cool'? I refuse to believe my country bumpkin of a daughter only believes this room to be just 'cool'. Live with me for a year or two and then we can talk about expectations, but, for now, this room will be described with the adjectives: brilliant, wonderful, amazing, perfect, splendid, mag—"

"I think she gets it, Tony," Pepper said, dragging him away from Lenna. "Let us know if you need anything."

Lenna followed them to the door and closed it sharply behind them. "JARVIS?" she asked tentatively. "Does that window open?"

"Yes, Miss Stark. That entire wall will open; I can also tint it for when you wish to sleep."

"Okay, thanks--oh, and my name is Lenna."

"... yes, Miss Lenna." A beat of silence. "Will you be staying here permanently?"

Lenna looked around her room. She had the chance at a permanent view of the ocean with a closet big enough to live in comfortably; a chance at a private bathroom with a double vanity, and a father who is literally Iron Man. It would be selfish of her not to, right?

"I think I will."

She heard an excited shout from downstairs.