Chapter 33: Me, Myself & Zander

"Hmm???"

Luke laughed and stepped away from Zendaya " Nah I just thought you said that you kissed Chris but I think I heard you wrong"

"Mmm Nope Nope , I didn't say that. What I said was me and Chris kissed. I didn't initiate the kiss tho. I just got caught up in the moment and kissed back"

"Okay"

"Okay??" She scrunched her up

"Yeah okay. I mean we not together anyway so you free to do what you want right?? We just figuring things out right?? So it's cool"

"I thought we were through the figuring out part?? I thought we were together Luke" she sat on a counter.

Walking over and standing between her legs he rested his hands on her waist. "So did I, that was sarcasm . Also I once told you that you don't know what you want and that I never want to complicate your life more than it already is."

"What are you saying Luke??" She hung her head

Lifting her face up by her chin he pecked her lips "I'm saying that I think we need to remain friends and you need to find yourself. I don't think you know who you really are and until you know who you are you'll never know what it is that you want"

"Luke I want you"

"You don't know that and that's okay. We're 17 and 18 it's not something you have to figure out right away. Figure you out before anything else beautiful. You've had someone since you were 15. Take some time for you baby girl"

"Luke don't disappear on me" her voice was laced with sadness

"I could never. I'll always be here" he put the key to her house in her hand "but I should give this back"

"Keep it" she said feeling the cold metal in her hand "you are still welcomed here whenever you want. Especially since you love being around Zander and because of how great of a friend you have always been to me"

Taking the key back from her he looked in her eyes seeing tears threatening to fall "Don't ever cry over me or any guy that's not your son or brother. You don't need me beautiful you don't need any Man"

Taking a deep breath and nodding she smirked "so about this movie and food???... friend" she laughed

"Don't be petty" he turned around laughing and she climbed onto his back so he could carry her to the living room.

After Luke left zen called up Jameer. Haven't talked to him since he left for school in New York yesterday. Feeling like she needed to vent he was the only one that would listen and try to understand her but it was just her Luck that he didn't answer. He's only been gone a day and she missed him so much.

She could always talk to Luke but she couldn't talk to  Luke about Luke. Thinking and hesitating before dialing the number she gulped hearing his raspy voice say Hello.

"Can you come over? I really need to vent and this is long over due between me and you. I'll send you the address"

"Be there in 30" the line went dead. She changed her clothes since she was gonna go running after and then sat down to wait.

Sitting there waiting she had zoned out and jumped out her skin being caught off guard when the doorbell rung. Walking to the door and pulling it open

"Hi dad.."

"Hi baby girl"

"I'm surprised you showed up"

" why wouldn't I show up?? Just because I don't agree with the steps you took in life doesn't mean I don't love you. After the scene I caused  I figured you wanted nothing to do with me so I waited for you to reach out to me. Granted I didn't think it would take 7 months"