Chapter 27: Answers

"Congratulations Chris!!! Ya first child!! and it's by a 17 year old, my daughter. This is great isn't it??" He laughed taking steps towards them

"You don't get to come here and do this" Zendaya took a step back almost falling backwards into the pool but Chris caught her just in time.

Seeing how scared Zendaya was caused Chris to put her body behind his. Aaron not liking the look in his father eyes stood his ground next to Chris. Seeing Aaron defend Chris and defend this situation in general didn't please him.

"Dad you need to leave. She doesn't need this, her pregnancy has been great without your negative energy. You kicked her out remember?? So I got her now like I've always had her and now she has someone else in her life that's gonna protect her, she doesn't need you. When you decided to kick her out you decided to stop being a father. What type of dad goes 6 months without knowing the whereabouts of his teenage daughter??"

"Well if we wanna be technical??? I'm her legal guardian. Meaning if I decide she has to go with me today then she has no other choice."

"Honestly sir she's not going anywhere with you. Zendaya is carrying my child and I wouldn't feel comfortable with her and my child in your care knowing that you aren't okay with her situation. It's best for her to stay here with her brother"

Letting out a laugh before his face he turned serious he switched his glare from Aaron to Chris.

"You have the balls to stand up here and tell me what's best for my daughter?!?!? You didn't have her best interest at heart when you knocked her up"

"I didn't intentionally knock her up. I love your daughter. My plan was never to ruin her life or future plans"

"But that's exactly what you did"

Finally getting the courage to stand up to her dad Zendaya stepped up in front of both Aaron and Chris. Growing up her dad always intimidated her his piercing blue eyes would just stare into her soul whenever she disappointed him and she would just cave in under his glare not knowing what to say, that changed today.

Finally looking up at him she swallowed the lump in her throat. Her first couple of words came out low and soft so she paused and cleared her throat.

"Dad he didn't ruin my life. Yes I didn't plan on getting pregnant at 17 especially not by someone older than me and especially not by Chris Brown but it happened -"

"I TOLD YOU TO GET AN ABORTION" he cut her off yelling. Flinching at the tone of his voice she stepped back with tears in her eyes. Putting her body against Chris chest she took a deep breath as Chris rubbed soothing circles on her shoulders.

"Baby girl relax it's not worth it"

Shaking her head she stepped forward standing right in her dad face. "You know my whole life I've been scared of you?" She said as tears slipped from her eyes.