Chapter 4: Drama Awaits

ZENDAYA

My car was waiting for me at the airport. I dropped Meer off at home and then went home. I knew my dad was upset since he left my car at the airport for me instead of picking me up. When I got home I left my bag in the car and tried to sneak pass my dad who was sleep on the couch

"Zendaya Maree Coleman-Gordon get your fast ass back down those stairs"

"Dad it wasn't even like that!"

"Did I ask you to speak?"

"But -"

"Zendaya! I didn't send you out there for that. I sent you out there because you said you needed a break. You said basketball was taking over your life"

"I got caught up in the moment! It's nothing serious, I'm not ever gonna see him again anyway. I made a mistake dad"

"A guy like him only wants one thing. Your 17, you just got out of a very public relationship and your vulnerable right now. I'm disappointed in you kiddo"

"Dad I'm sorry"

"I know" he hugged me "Go get something to eat cause I'm not cooking. I gotta get back to the office oh and tell Meer he ain't off the hook cause I know he had something to do with this"

I got back in my car and drove back to Meer house. I honked my horn and he came running out the house "are you in trouble?"

"No nigga! WE in trouble"

"What's this WE thing? This ain't French class. That's why my ass gonna avoid ya house. Papa Gordon gonna let me hear it whew chileeee I can only imagine"

"Shutup get in the car"

"Bitch why?? Don't bring me to your ass whopping. That's a solo appearance"

"I'm going to in and out burger" he jogged in place and then slid across the hood of my car to the passengers side

"I know there bet not be no sweaty butt mark on my shit with them lil ass shorts you got on"

When we got to in and out burger the line was super long. "Jelly coming to meet us" Meer rolled his eyes and groaned

"What tf was that Meer"

"She about to walk up in here looking like a ghost. Her makeup never match and she always wearing the same dusty hoodie like it's not 110 outside. Always making us look crazy by association"

"First of all don't do her like everyone else in the school does. That's our friend"

"And as her friend she has to do better baby girl"

"She doesn't have it like us Meer. Don't be that way, I always help her when I can"

"Oh bish" he rolled his eyes "ANYWAY! I got a question"

"Mmkay"

"Did you get chris number?"

"I know you seen me see you sitting right next to me when you heard me say there would be no number exchanging"

"And I know you seen me see you, see me look at you like you was stupid!!! Cause you were" he whined

"Bitch please. I'm 17 and he 24. That's his reputation, that's jail time and that's attention I don't want"

"There's pictures all over the internet of y'all it's too late to be worrying about his reputation"

"But I didn't know those pictures were out there when he asked for my number and it doesn't matter. I'm never seeing him again"