Chapter 62: Blaming and Trust

E V A N N A

It all happened in slow motion.

I turned around and saw Andrew lose balance and fall backwards, his head slamming into one of the stairs.

I was frozen. I was paralyzed. I stared in shock as he kept tumbling down the never ending staircase until he slammed into the window.

I flinched as glass shattered everywhere and Andrew fell out of the window, and fell 5 stories down.

I ran down as fast as I could, tripping on the last step. I ignored the pain and got up, limping to the window.

My eyes widened and tears escaped my eyes as I saw Andrew's body on the ground far away, people surrounding him.

I could hear shouts for the ambulance and people screaming in horror.

I couldn't describe how much pain I felt at that moment. All my happiness was drained from me.

I started running down the stairs as fast as I can, my right ankle aching with pain. How am I going to get down that quickly?

All I could think about was Andrew.

As I ran down, tears dripped from my face. I could hear sirens getting louder and louder.

Other people on the stairs were also rushing down to see what was happening, and to my surprise, it took me only 5 minutes to run down what took me 10 minutes to get up.

I left the tower and ran towards the sirens and shouts.

"Evanna? What's going on?" Ethan asked, running towards me.

I couldn't speak at all. My voice wouldn't work.

Everyone rushed to Andrew and they stared at him in horror.

More tears escaped my eyes as I watched emergency responders carried him onto the backboard, calling orders.

"No!"  Alex screamed, running to Andrew.

One of the emergency responders stopped him with his arm. "Sir, you can't—"

"He's my brother!" Alex yelled, his voice breaking at the end. "Please..."

Mom rushed to the emergency responders and they talked for a quick moment, and after a few seconds, Mom rushed into the ambulance, Dad following her.

Alex watched as the ambulance drove away, and when I saw his face, it made me more upset. His face was full of pain and he looked so distraught, it hurt me physically.

I looked down and saw something shiny catch my eye. I picked it up and realized it was my bracelet.

But I didn't even care about the bracelet.

I only cared about Andrew.

Suddenly, I felt a hand slap the bracelet out of mine. I looked up  and saw Alex, his face full with anger.

"Andrew fell out of a fucking tower and all you care about is your stupid bracelet?" Alex yelled at me, making me flinch. He picked up the bracelet and threw it into the distance.