Chapter 34: Instagram Account

E V A N N A

School ended. Finally.

I was walking home when I got a text from Brandon.

No one's home. Have food ready. Do the chores.

That's how my life is going to work from now on, I guess.

When I reached home, I rushed upstairs and finished my homework. I had so much things to do, and everyone was coming at 5. I had two hours to do everything.

I finished homework in 10 minutes. It was easy. I went back down and started preparing food for everyone. My mom and I used to cook all the time. Thinking about her brought tears to my eyes but I fought them back.

Stop thinking about her.

She's dead.

She's gone. Forever.

Like what Dad said...

"Fuuuuuuuuudge!" I yelped, dropping the knife.

Don't curse...

I didn't curse...

I accidentally cut my finger with the knife. Blood started dripping and I quickly grabbed a paper towel, wrapping it around my finger. I grabbed a bandaid and put it on. Sighing, I plopped down on the couch.

It was almost Halloween. I've spent about two months in school already. I'd say this is going to be the worst school year ever. It wasn't long before my phone started going off.

Evanna! You are such a loser.

You know there is literally no one who likes you in school.

Why do you even come to school?

I'm tired of seeing your face everyday.

Haha, exactly. Seriously.

It was a group text. With random people's number. I'm guessing they were from school. There were 12 people in the chat.

Go kill yourself.

If I were you, I'd want to die.

My phone rang. I shouldn't have picked it up, but I did. Big mistake.

"You fucking bitch!" Cathryn yelled into the phone. "Who do you think you are?"

I should have hung up, but what she said stopped me.

"You called me a bitch?!" Cathryn screamed.

Okay, first, it was true. Second, I never did.

"No? I never-"

"Don't lie to me, bitch! Your fucking Instagram page! Take it down!" She hung up.

Instagram? What Instagram account. I didn't have any pictures. I didn't care about followers. I only used Instagram to look around. I didn't call her that anywhere!