Chapter 43: Wedding day Pt. 2

E V A N N A

"Ew, you look so ugly in that dress. You look fatter than normal," Daniel sneered.

I looked away, staring at the mirror. My hair was done in a long French braid, and I was wearing the dress Rose and I picked out. I thought the dress looked pretty.

"Yeah, the dress is pretty," Daniel said, reading my mind. "It's just that you look hideous in the dress."

Ignore his comment, I thought.

The boys were wearing tuxedos and I realized no wonder why girls fall for them. Every time I see Jayden in school, either he's bullying me, or some girl is trying to get Jayden. Sometimes, they even bring girls home and they make me hide or they threaten to beat me up—the usual.

I sighed. All I had to do was stand there, wait, smile, take a picture, and then leave. It's not that hard...

But I couldn't bear the fact of watching my dad get married to someone else. My heart felt heavy and I felt sick.

"Be happy for your dad," Daniel scoffed. "You really are a horrible person if you can't even-"

"You're not happy either," I blurted out, my voice shaky from feeling upset.

I expected Daniel to insult me or punch me, but instead, he looked away.

"Guys, it's almost time!" A lady said, knocking on the door.

All the boys looked just as upset as I was. It all felt like my fault. I closed my eyes for a second, taking a deep breath. I started walking out the door, but before I did, I said, "I'm sorry."

I knew it wouldn't change anything, but I knew they blamed me for this. I started blaming myself too. If my parents hadn't divorced because of me, this wouldn't have happened.

An hour passed. The wedding officially started, and I was standing across from the boys. My dad looked so happy and I felt guilty. I felt my heart shatter as soon as I heard the words:

"Now, I pronounce you, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

I'm sorry Mom.

————

"You look gorgeous!" Rose exclaimed, putting her hand on my shoulders.

"Thank you. You too," I replied,

"Do you want cake?"

"No thank you."

She offered me a small smile. "I understand if you take your time getting used to this. You don't have to call me mom right away. I want you to have your own space."

She walked away, leaving me sitting by myself at an empty table. Soon enough, my step brothers came to the same table.

"We're gonna discuss some things," Ethan grumbled.

"First, we are not your brothers," Brandon growled. "We are a separate family. You will never be accepted by us."

"He means," Andrew butted in, "that we'll try our best to respect you and take care of you like our little sister."