Chapter 37: Alex & Andrew PT1

Third Person POV
—————

March 5, 2015

Andrew was going through a really hard time. He was failing almost all of his classes. He studies hard, but he just can't get good grades. He would cry every night from the stress and pressure.

Sure, his mom didn't really care about his grades. She says that 'she'll love us no matter what our grades are.'

But the thing is, he wanted to do it for himself. He wanted to get the good grades. Not only that, but he's also on the basketball and football team. Practices everyday for 2 hours. Andrew would stay up till 1AM, studying. He didn't even like football.

And, he was only 13. He would practice at his brother's high school. That's how big his family were. He literally got on the football and basketball team, when he wasn't even in the school yet.

In school, everyone would act fake to him. Pretending to be his friend because he was rich. Being nice to him because he could get them out of trouble. It was the same for all of his brothers.

Few months later, he stopped caring. His grades became worse. He slacked off at practices. He stayed up till past 1AM, just staring at the wall.

Andrew went onto high school. Brandon would bully Andrew and Alex, and then bully them at home too. It was normal to get beaten up by Brandon or Ethan. They would yell at them, or even start hitting each other.

Andrew started self-harming. He would punch the walls until his hand bled, and when his riggers found out, he told them that he just got into a fight. He would scratch himself with a thumbtack, and tell others that his friend's cat scratched him. Then, he started using razor blades, because that was what took away his pain the most.

One day, Andrew was in the bathroom when no one was home. Alex came earlier than he was supposed to because his study group ended quickly. When Alex came into his room, he heard Andrew crying.

Curious, Alex walked up to the bathroom and opened the door. Alex's eyes widened as he rushed over to Andrew's side. Andrew was sprawled on the floor, blood gushing out of his wrists. Andrew's eyes were empty and dull as he stared back at his brother.

"Are you stupid?" Alex screamed. "Why? Why would you do this?"

Alex didn't know what to do. Panic overwhelmed him as he frantically searched for something. Alex threw off his jacket and wrapped it around where the blood was pouring out. Alex took his phone out and dialed 911 as fast as he could.

"Hello?" Alex asked, panic laced in his voice.

"M-my brother j-just cut himself. T-there's a lot of blood and I-I need an ambulance here! Please hurry up!" Alex said, as he looked at his brother.

"Y-you'll be alright," Alex stammered.

"I'm sorry," Andrew whispered, a tear falling from his eyes.

"You stupid idiot," Alex cried. "Why would you..."

"I'm sorry," Andrew said again.

"You should!" Alex said, crying. "Andrew... why?"

Alex hauled Andrew up, slinging his arm around his shoulders. Alex supported Andrew as they went downstairs. Alex helped Andrew out the door when they heard the sirens.