Arc 5.18 Empress of Four Kingdoms

Start from the beginning

As the sun had already set, the moonlight illuminated the scene before Bai Ping and Li Hao, making the couple in front of them appear as if they had walked straight out from a painting. The two looked as if they were made for each other what with the harmonious silence between them as Hua Shen gazed down with wholehearted concentration at Li Feifei in his arms who fed the two lone fishes in the pond every other second.

What made it even more visually pleasing was that the two appeared as if they were already married, what with the red robes draped over both of their bodies. The contrast between the darkening light blue sky and the vibrant red hue of the garments was very aesthetic.

In Hua Shen's eyes, there was only Li Feifei.

But Li Feifei was curious how much more the two fishes could eat before they died of overeating.

Unfortunately for Hua Shen, Bai Ping had stayed around Li Feifei for far too long to truly care about reading the mood.

"Fei-er!" She called out cheerfully from a little distance behind, causing Li Feifei to come out from her musing.

At this point, even Li Hao felt some pity and sympathy for this brave brother-in-law of his.

Stuck between Hua Shen's powerful arms, Li Feifei turned around with a slight smile as she greeted this newfound comrade of hers equally as cheerful, "Ping-er!"

Even if Bai Ping was only a few strings of data and coding, Li Feifei had to admit that this female lead was truly endearing and easy to get along with.

Extremely malleable, Li Feifei nodded to herself in satisfaction.

Hua Shen already knew that this girl was the same girl from the previous day at the brothel. Also, she was already involved with someone else so there was no way his baby could be swiped away from him by her.

Thus, even though he refused to part with Li Feifei as he'd already gotten comfortable, Hua Shen still put on an amiable appearance as he nodded to Li Hao standing not even half a step behind Bai Ping in acknowledgement. Li Hao, who was just about to apologize for his love's rude behavior as well as pay respect to Hua Shen, was forced to stop in the midst of his movements and just helplessly stood in silence.

Seeing as the man who interrupted their fun was not moving away anytime soon, Bai Ping decided to scrutinize his features from head to toe with slightly narrowed eyes.

Then, before Li Hao had any time to pull her gaze away she had already done so herself as she smiled brightly at Li Feifei, "You got yourself a good one, Fei-er!"

To this praise, Hua Shen's previous amiable facade had immediately transformed into a genuine one as he finally found someone who could be considered a true supporter of his love!

Following is shift in temperament, Hua Shen's arms tightened around Li Feifei's waist and she knew that he must have had that silly grin from before pasted across his face again—that smile that made one want to swing him a good one.

But she couldn't deny Bai Ping's words, as they were true, "En."

Li Feifei gave a slight smile as her hands went from the railings to the muscular arms wrapped around her waist.

Hua Shen was ecstatic when he heard Li Feifei's acknowledgement, and he instantly pulled her small figure even closer to himself as if trying to meld their two bodies into one. So, even though it was getting darker and colder outside, with the thick layers of clothes on herself in addition to Hua Shen's seemingly scalding body heat Li Feifei only felt as if she were inside of a burning furnace instead!

Witnessing such public display of affection, Bai Ping had already expected this from the previous occurrence inside the venue.

Sneakily, she crept towards Li Feifei and whispered in a playful manner, "Make sure he pulls out ah!"