Chapter 24 - Peace

Start from the beginning

But he was right. Over the years we had been receiving help from Akina when she was still in the non-ninja village, I had come to like and cherish her more and more. On the day we decided to increase security of her village and particularly her house, I had confessed my desire to be with her to Aniki. He was glad about it and told me that I should be honest with her as well and it would perhaps persuade her more into coming to live with us. Discussions in the evening had delayed the dispatch of the team that would watch her but I had gone with them in hopes of expressing my feelings for her and once again trying to persuade her to come live with the Senju Clan, with me.

We were late though, and the Uchihas had taken her away already. And now, she belonged to Madara in more ways than one.

I inhaled deeply to calm the turbulence I felt in my heart before stepping closer to them. Upon my arrival, Madara and Izuna frowned, though Izuna's stare was more menacing, and Akina looked at me, meeting my eyes curiously. My heart skipped a beat at her beauty and the brightness with which her eyes shimmered. Madara noticed the way I watched her and snapped me out of my daze by holding her closer to himself.

"Well, if it isn't the second in command. You don't seem to recognize him, Akina – have you forgotten the feel of his chakra?" Madara mused, smirking smugly.

"Oh um..." Akina hesitated for a moment but then smiled brightly in realization. "Oh, Tobirama sama! I'm sorry I didn't recognize you immediately. I'm still learning how to use my sensing ability and my eyes at the same time."

"Your eyes? You can see now?" I asked in mild surprise.

"Yes, I can. Apparently, a Senjutsu seal was put on my eyesight by my brother to protect me on the night my clan was wiped out. It was somehow released and now I can see everything around me." She said with a light blush, her voice just as tender and melodic as I remember it to be. "Ah, and I assume Madara has already told you that we are married."

I felt a painful tug in my chest at how happy she sounded when she said that. So she was genuinely happy with him and not anything as I had imagined. I managed a small smile, just glad that she was well and happy.

"Yes, Madara did tell me about your marriage. Congratulations....and sorry for the loss you suffered."

Her smile fell and I noticed Madara narrow his eyes at me as if silently reprimanding me for reminding her of something unnecessary. I felt like an idiot too for doing so when she looked down with a pained smile.

"Thank you for your condolences, Tobirama sama. I am sad about what happened but I'm certain that we will be blessed with parenthood again in the future. So I do not wish to dwell on the past." She said softly.

"I-I apologize....and I didn't intend to..."

"Ah Tobirama, there you are! I was wondering where you ran off to. You were supposed to be with me while I greeted everyone!" Aniki scolded as he made his way towards us, interrupting what I was saying. He then smiled upon seeing Madara and Akina. "Madara! Akina! Welcome! And congratulations on getting married!"

"Hashirama sama! Thank you! And congratulations to you too!" Akina chimed wholeheartedly making Aniki blush happily.

"I'm really glad you agreed to unite the two clans, Madara. We can finally realize our childhood dream and create a village that is open-minded and a safe haven for all who wish to be our allies. Well, I would prefer everyone to be our allies, actually." Aniki said, his smile turning rather goofy.

"You've always been overly optimistic – it's kind of annoying sometimes, you know that?" Madara mused with a chuckle, as if Aniki was a good friend. Well, I suppose they were friends but it wasn't easy for me to accept completely.