Chapter 12 - Uchiha Clan Festival

Please imagine Madara with either regular eyes or sharingan eyes instead of the rinnegan in the pic ^^' This was the best pic I could get with Madara wearing a traditional attire :P

This chapter is dedicated to Miss_Sagia! Happy reading! ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akina pov:

"You are healing well, Hotaru san. The tonic has helped all your muscles regenerate and you should be able to get back to your training routine in a few days." I said and unwrapped the sprain bandages from her torso.

"That's great to hear, Akina. Thank you for your help." She responded gratefully.

"You're very welcome, Hotaru san." I said with a smile and got up. I walked to the laundry basket and dropped the sprain bandages in it so it could be washed and cleaned for further use.

Hotaru san once again thanked me and walked out of the infirmary. Hiro and I proceeded to attend to another patient who had come in with severe poisoning and multiple deep wounds on his body. The men who had brought him in had told us that he had got caught amongst several Senju and Akimizu Clan shinobi, cornered and tortured in an attempt to get critical information on the Uchiha Clan. Just the thought of how painful and frightening that could have been made Hiro and I shudder – we were so glad that we weren't shinobi and didn't have any need to leave the safe fortification of the Uchiha Compound.

I let out a soft sigh while changing the wet cloth on the unconscious shinobi's forehead. I also checked his pulse and chakra flow to make sure there were no abnormalities. He had been unconscious for a week now but was slowly recovering. If he continued to respond to the medicines I was administering, he should wake up in a couple of days.

I wasn't able to concentrate like usual though. In fact, I had been a bit bleary for the past week, since the frightful incident with Madara sama. Just as Izuna sama had suggested to ease the tension, snacks and tea were brought in for Hiro and I to have once we were back in our room. We did feel better after eating something and Hiro had fallen asleep soon after. I had left him to sleep and proceeded to prepare some of the medicines that we were running low on – ones that I remembered checking on the shelves. Once Hiro had woken up, I had asked ask him to read out the list so we could prepare whatever I had missed.

Everything fell back to the usual routine soon after and no one said anything about the incident – not even Taiki san. He spoke to us normally and didn't bring up the topic even once. As for Madara sama and Izuna sama, they didn't come to us for treatment even once during this week. I was afraid to face them but I didn't expect they would just cut off all interaction with Hiro and I just because of a moment of anger and frustration. I felt a little lonely without their visits even though I was sure I would be very nervous, uncomfortable and unaware of how to talk to them.

I suppose I had been here for long enough time to understand that the Uchiha had a very deep sense of love, affection and protectiveness towards their family and, in general, their clan members. They were such powerful emotions that if they lost the one they love to the war, they would harbor overpowering hatred towards the clan and the people who caused them pain from their loss. They became bitter and angry and so lost that they couldn't recover from it in the least.

In all honesty, it pained me to see them suffering so much, all the more because they didn't allow the wounds in their heart to heal. They didn't want to calm down or listen to reason or move on from the past. They couldn't escape from the overwhelming resentment.

Izuna sama had mentioned that Hashirama sama had offered to sign a peace treaty with the Uchiha so they could build and look forward to an era of peace and love but since the Uchiha clan had lost many lives to the Senju and vice versa, they didn't want to accept the peace treaty. They even doubted the Senju, assuming that they were merely trying to find a way to dominate the Uchiha indirectly. There were a few Uchihas who seemed to be getting tired of the war and the pain and were slowly inclining to the idea of the peace treaty but Madara sama, Izuna sama and the remaining majority still detested the Senju enough to completely negate the idea. With the leader of the clan against it, there was no possibility of the peace treaty happening.