Chapter 21 - Losing Control

Just a cute pic of Mada chan ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Akina pov:

"Madara?" I called out as I peeked into the training room.

I spotted Madara standing with three other men, engrossed in serious talk. He was frowning and the creases between his brows were deep. It seems he was giving out instructions because after a few more words exchanged, the three men bowed and walked out of the training room. They saw me and bowed to me too which I returned shyly. When I looked back at Madara, he was watching me and it made a blush creep onto my cheeks.

He smirked and beckoned for me to go to him. I did so, taking slow strides and kept my head down when I came to a stop in front of him. I bit my lip and resisted from lifting my arms to embrace him – there were several people in the training room besides us and I found it awkward to express affection so openly in front of them. It was when he held my jaw in a firm yet gentle grip and tilted my head up that I met his charcoal gaze.

"Are you done with your chores in the infirmary?" He asked, his silky voice making goose bumps erupt on my skin.

"Yes, Madara." I said and smiled.

"Good. So I take it that you're ready for training?"

I nodded and he took a hold of my hand to pull me behind him and lead me into the adjoining room where he usually trained me. We didn't do it in front of others, mainly because I found it awkward.

Inhaling deeply, I stepped onto the mat spread out in the center of the room and stood opposite to Madara with a few feet distance between us. I met his gaze and clenched my fist at the serious and determined look he had. It was very rare that he showed any expression besides this intimidating one when he was training me – I was wary and uncomfortable with it at first but I soon got used to it and did my best to be serious and do my best during every training session I had with him.

"Let's have a spar first, Akina. I have been letting you practice all this time but I want to see just how much you have progressed." He said and I nodded. I swallowed thickly and got into the powerful fighting stance Madara had taught me.

For the past several weeks since our marriage, Madara has been training me every day in Taijutsu for self defense. I've been doing breathing exercises, stamina building exercises like running and mild weight lifting which I still find quite exhausting, as well as weapons handling. Having never used any sort of weapons before, I injured myself several times on the first few days I tried using them and it had cut our training sessions short with Madara carrying me in his arms and rushing to a medical nin to heal my wound. Despite my lack of experience and slow learning pace, Madara has been very patient and has been training me at a pace I find comfortable.

He also insisted that Hiro learnt to fight. We didn't know which clan he was from or which Kekkei Genkai he had. Madara said that we would find out in time, as he got stronger and slowly awakened the dormant power in him. On his request, he was being trained by Mayu chan who had now fully recovered but was taking some time to rehabilitate so her prior agility and strength returned. In the time she was using to train and rehabilitate, she taught Hiro Taijutsu and the use of weapons. He was a fast learner and had progressed much more than I had in the same amount of time.

Even though I understood Madara's concerns and his desire for me to know how to defend myself in case of trouble, I hadn't been able to be wholehearted about this. In all honestly, I didn't want to learn how to fight – I didn't want to fight anyone. I was a healer and I wanted to help people by curing their injuries and pain, not hurt them. But I was afraid to tell Madara my honest thoughts – I knew he loved me but his determination and stubbornness was still sort of frightening to face.