Chapter 23 - Changes

Just another hot pic of Mada chan ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Madara pov:

I glanced between Izuna and Akina, both who slept just a few feet from where I sat. While Izuna was lying on his back with a wet cloth placed on his forehead to ease his temperature, Akina was sleeping on her side, facing me, her eyes closed lightly and her lips parted just a bit. The atmosphere in the room was pleasant but I was yet to calm down completely from the hours of panic I had been in just a little while ago.

When Izuna was slashed in the battlefield by that damn Senju, he had collapsed immediately. He was poisoned and his wounds were deep. Blood had dripped to the ground the whole way back to the Uchiha Compound and he had gone into shock, falling unconscious even before we reached home. I had ordered Injou to bring Akina to have a look at Izuna as quickly as possible though unable to be calm or patient, I had used Kamui to get to the infirmary and bring her to see Izuna without any delay.

I was terrified of losing him and so angry at the Senju for what he had done. I was angry that I hadn't been able to protect Izuna like how I had vowed to. I was frustrated, unable to control myself as I yelled and caused a rampage while demanding Izuna to wake up after Akina had given him some medicine to merely stabilize his body condition. It wasn't until I had hurt Akina in my blind rage and she had yelled to catch my attention did I realize how reckless I was being. Taiki had then led me out of the room, leaving Akina and Hiro to tend to Izuna and save him as she had promised.

The hours of wait were torture for me. When the door was opened so Hiro could call for a medical nin, I had taken the chance to look into the room to see how things were going. I was surprised to see Akina leaning over Izuna with a hand on his head and chest and her brows deeply furrowed in concentration – it was the very first time I had seen such an expression on her face. In fact, I had never seen anything besides radiant smiles on her face before. She was also sweating profusely and I could only guess that she was using a special technique unique to her clan to keep Izuna alive. The door was shut after the medical nin arrived and I had to wait impatiently for another two hours before I was let in to see Izuna alive and well.

In the moment when Akina had confirmed that Izuna was going to be fine, I was so relieved that the tension I had been in for the last couple of hours drained my body of whatever energy it had. As I regained composure, I had caressed Akina's cheek, apologizing to her for hurting her before and yelling. Beings as gentle and understanding as always, she had said I had no reason to thank her or apologize. She understood just how worried I was, and terrified of losing Izuna, and I knew that it was solely for me that she had done everything in her power to save him.

The jutsu she had used seemed to have taken a toll on her body though. She had fainted in exhaustion in my arms and fallen into deep slumber. She had been sleeping for almost seven hours now and she hadn't twitched even once.

While she and Izuna rested, I had washed up to get the sweat and blood off my body. I had changed into clean and comfortable clothes before coming to sit in the room to watch over the two of them until they awoke. Taiki had come in once with food, asking me to eat and replenish my energy but I had refused. I wanted either one of them to wake up before I did anything else, more so as reassurance that they were going to be alright.

"Mmmggh...." I heard Akina groan and I snapped out of my blank stare to look at her.

She scrunched up her face before opening her eyes slowly. She looked dazed for a few moments and I shifted closer to her and touched her head gently. She blinked a few times before looking up at me with a lopsided smile, no longer dazed. I helped her sit up and watched as she rubbed her sleepy eyes and stretched her body to loosen her tense muscles. She then met my gaze again and her smile widened.