Chapter 17 - Sight

Akina pov:

I stayed stuck to the wall, curled up and desperately hoping for nothing bad to happen. I had my head between my knees and I tried my best to hold back any tears even though I was terribly afraid. I hoped that somehow, Madara sama would find me and come save me from this place.

I don't know how long had passed since I had been locked in this room. Perhaps it had been a few hours, the day having set to night now, and I was hungry and sleepy. I rubbed my tired eyes with my hands and shook my head so I would stay awake. I let out a soft sigh and touched me cheek that was still stinging because of being hit by Junto san. My upper arms were also sore because of how I had been grabbed – I was so weak and helpless and unable to withstand even a hard grab. I felt upset that I was this way and wished that there was more than I could do so I wouldn't be a burden to anyone, at least not to such an extent. I wished that I was stronger, just enough to protect myself and not end up with bruises because of something so trivial. I suppose I wouldn't have been this helpless if I could see.

I wished that I could see.

I tensed as soon as that thought went through my mind for a felt a strange bolt of electricity pass through my body. I lifted my head from my knees and furrowed my brows feeling tension build up between them. Just as it had happened during the panic attack I had when Tatsuo san had fought against the Senju in an herb meadow, chaotic scenes flashed in my mind. They were visions of people with silver hair and violet eyes living in a colony, happy and smiling, until they were attacked by dark unclear figures.

Several of them fought back but were killed instantly with blood splattering the ground. It made my heart rate increase and my breathing become quick and raspy. Seeing the blood and the people dying while desperately fighting for their lives, whether real or merely a vision, was appalling. It reminded me of the time I had been splattered with the blood of the Senju who had been killed by Tatsuo san.

I shut my eyes and whimpered, the visions starting to become overwhelmingly dreadful to bear. I even covered my ears trying to block out the screams that rung in them – they were very similar to the ones I remembered hearing on the night I was hidden in an old tree by someone, on the night I had come to believe my people were attacked.

"No, please...." I begged to no one in particular but the visions didn't cease.

They suddenly changed and the eyes of several of the people I was seeing turned blood red. They appeared to lose all emotion and began fighting back violently. They even wounded themselves with their fingers and threw what appeared to be blades made of blood at the enemy. Many of the enemy were cut through and killed instantly while others who were stained with blood began to rot from the places where the blood had made contact. Their body was being eaten away and the life sucked out of them gruesomely before they fell to the ground lifeless.

Unable to take the visions anymore, the blood and the death and the screaming, I screamed and fell to my side while convulsing. Tears fell from my eyes as I tried to think of something else, anything that could mask the visions I was having now. But the moment I managed to think of something else, the visions hit me even harsher than the previous time.

"Stop!! Please stop! I beg you!" I screamed again and faintly heard the door of the room being slammed open.

Someone was at my side immediately and I received another slap across my already stinging cheek. That seemed to bring the visions to a screeching halt and I was left breathing heavily, my eyes wide and still watering, and the energy drained out of me. I was being held against the wall by someone, his hands tight on my shoulders, and I didn't move for several minutes.