Chapter 11 - Mistrust

Hey everyone!! I finally got the inspiration and motivation to work on this story so here's the long awaited new chapter! The plan is to work on this story along with the original stories and I hope that I will be able to do as I have planned ^^'

Anyway, hope this chapter was worth the wait! Don't forget to leave lots of comments! ;) You know how I love them!

And once again, Imma going to give you all another nosebleed XD Enjoy the Uchiha brothers' hotness!

~~~~~~~~~~

Akina pov:

"Onee chan, we're out of antidote one to seven too." Hiro called out from the shelf that he was checking.

"Okay, write that down on the very top of the list. We should prepare that one first before we prepare any of the other medicines." I said with a smile and reached for another ceramic bottle to check the quantity of its contents.

Several days had passed since the incident with the Mukosan Clan and Himeko san. Thanks to her medical ninjutsu, the burn on my arm was healed with not even the slightest soreness left. There was a dark scar, apparently, but I applied a salve on it every day to help the darkness of the skin fade over time. It's not that I was worried about having flawless skin but at the same time, I didn't want to have a permanent ugly scar on my arm – one on the most visible parts of my body.

After the meeting with Himeko san and experiencing her unexpected hostility towards me, I had become very curious. I was yet to find out about the expression Madara sama had given me that had made her so angry but I couldn't bring myself to ask him about it. I not only felt awkward because I hadn't seen his expression and had merely been told about it by Himeko san but I didn't want to make Madara sama annoyed or angry by bothering him with something so trivial. I doubt it was anything important too – he was probably giving me a sympathizing look because I was a weak non ninja with a brutal burn on my arm.

We had fallen back to our usual routine from the very next day after a good night's rest to rejuvenate our physical and mental exhaustion. Members of the clan flowed into the infirmary like usual, wounded from strenuous battles, though only ones who were in critical condition were brought to me in hopes of getting better and living to fight another day in the seemingly endless war. Most of them had injuries that I healed easily except for one woman who had been brought in with a katana pierced straight through her stomach.

I was almost sure that I wouldn't be able to save her life because it was a profusely bleeding wound that had caused her to lose too much blood. From the way her chakra was circulating, I could tell that her internal organs were damaged very badly and she was barely holding out. Everyone had given up on her but in sheer desperation, I tried to do everything in my power to save her.

I almost lost her for a moment but thanks to whatever power above that watched over all of us, I was able to save her life. I had saved her three days ago but she was still unconscious. However, she was reacting well to the medication I was giving so I was sure she would wake up soon.

Today was relatively free – we had had fewer people coming in for healing, which was a little surprising, and it had given us time to do some cleaning and sorting. Hiro and I were checking though all the ceramic bottles to make sure we had enough quantity of all the medicines that we used on a daily basis and made a list of whatever was less and needed to be prepared. Every medicine had to be stored in generous quantities at all times to make sure we could attend to any person at any time without being hindered by the lack of supplies.

Madara sama had come in a few times as well for healing sessions though most of his injuries were quite minor in comparison to what the others came in with. It only proved that he was a very strong shinobi with the power to defeat his enemies without getting too badly hurt. Well, I had heard from Taiki san that he and Izuna sama were the strongest members of the clan at the moment – the strongest to have ever been born in the clan's history in fact – with the best skills in strategizing as well. The Sharingan and in the brothers' cases, the Mangekyou Sharingan, the clan's kekkei genkai that gave them increased senses, chakra and a variety of unique jutsus as well, added to their victory against the clan's they fought. However, I did hear in passing that they and the Senju were equally matched. It resulted in more casualties than what they would generally suffer in battles against other clans and increased the Uchihas hatred for the Senju Clan.