"Dad? Are you okay?"

"Did someone come by earlier?"

"Yeah. They were looking for you."

"What did you tell them?"

"Oh, I said you were not home. They understood and left this card." Alex walked into the kitchen, grabbed the card from the counter, and walked over to his father. His father snatched it and examined the card. He groaned in defeat before he stood up.

"They understood? What do you mean?"

"I told them that you were not home. I went to close the door, but then they forced it open, walked inside, looked around, and then handed me the card and just told me to give it to you."

His father laughed worriedly before he walked to the kitchen. He pulled out a beer from the fridge and took a swig. He looked at his son before shaking his head. Alex furrowed his brows while he started to walk back to the stairs.

"I will call the number. I am just late on a bill." His father walked to the back door and went into the yard. Alex shook his head in confusion before he went back to his room. He spent the rest of the night in his room. He door-dashed himself dinner due to there being no food in the house. He received a notification that his food was delivered. He ran down to the front door quickly and opened it. He gasped as he saw the two men from earlier standing at his door.

"I am assuming you are Alex?"

"uh... yeah..." He was handed his bag of food and his drink. He took a step back, which allowed the two men to take a step inside.

"Where is your father?"

"He uhm...he was in the back yard." Alex spoke with a worrisome tone. He stepped back again and watched the two men's every move. The door closed behind them, and they locked it. The two men looked at Alex smiling menacingly.

"Sam, follow Alex up to his room and keep him company. I will handle business." The taller gentlemen said before he walked to the backdoor. Alex quickly ran up the stairs to try and grab his phone, but he was blocked by a tall figure. He looked up and the man laughed. He opened Alex's door for him and followed him in. He closed the door behind him and leaned against it.

"Do not worry. We did not poison your food. Some random man dropped it off when we showed up." The man smiled before he pulled out his phone. Alex sat at his desk and pulled out his food. He was beyond confused as to what was happening, but he knew his father was in trouble. Alex began to eat his food while he kept glancing at the man who stood between him and his door. Alex wanted to call 911, but he knew it would not end well for him.

"You keep looking at me like I am going to hurt you or something." The male said while he continued to be on his phone. Alex turned away quickly to go back to his food. Once he finished eating, he stood up and placed his trash in the trashcan near his door. The man followed Alex with his eyes. He watched every movement the boy did. The older man chuckled before he placed his phone into his back pocket. He looked over at the boy and nodded.

"What happened today did not happen. You tell anyone and there will be consequences." The man said before he opened the bedroom door and left. Alex followed the man out the door but stopped when he saw the other gentleman at the bottom of the stairs. The two men stared at each other. The gentleman's eyes started to go black, and he started to look at Alex through his brows. A side smirk started to appear. Alex felt his stomach churn. He felt his dinner yearning to escape. He turned quickly and ran to his bathroom. As he ran, he could hear the man chuckle.

Alex soon left the bathroom in pain. He walked down the stairs and went to the back yard. His father was lying in his backyard chair with his eyes closed. Alex walked closer, examining his father's chest. Up and down. Alex sighed in relief before he spoke.

"Dad?"

"Huh? Oh, hey. It is getting late. You should go to bed."

"Who are those people? What is happening?"

His father opened his eyes and looked at Alex annoyed.

"I do not need to explain myself to anyone. Go to bed Alex. I will handle it."

"Dad I jus-"

"Alex... Go. TO. BED!" His father screamed. Alex took a step back before he walked back inside and up the stairs. He slammed his door and groaned. He loves his father, but he understands that his father does not feel the same.

He sighed before he walked back inside the house and back up to his room. He closed his door and decided to flop himself onto his bed. He leaned up, slipped his socks off, before sliding under the covers. He plugged his phone in and decided to watch television.

He pondered about what happened today. He wanted a relaxing day but ended up with a confusing and conflicting day. He turned his television off around one AM and decided sleep was the best option.

He sprung awake when he heard a crash in the hallway. He looked over at his phone and saw it was three AM. He rubbed his head as he saw shadows move in the hall. He watched someone walk from the left to the right, back to the left, but then stop in front of his door. His eyes opened wide in fear, before he leaned back down in his bed and pretended to be asleep. He tried to control his breathing, but he struggled.

He heard his door open slowly and a soft chuckle escape whoever was at his door. He heard heavy footsteps get closer to his bed before he felt someone else on the bed. He kept his eyes closed, but he opened them as soon as he felt someone straddling him. Pinning his hands to his sides.

"Ahh- I knew you were awake." Said the man.

"HELP- DAD!" His mouth was covered in an instant, and the man now had a knife to Alex's throat. He could not see due to the darkness, but he could feel the man sitting on him was much bigger than he was.

"No one is here to help you. Your father told us to go fuck ourselves... so we are going to fuck with his life instead."

"Sam? What did I say about not waking him up." Alex heard another male in the room. How many are there? Alex thought. He started to cry as he felt the knife press against his throat.

"He was already up. You could hear his heartbeat for miles."

"Just knock him out and let us go. The work has been completed."

"Can I bring him please... I need something new to play with."

He heard the other male walk closer to them and heard them mumble to one another. Alex could not figure it out. He felt the knife leave his throat, but soon darkness took him as his head began to hurt.