Falling

Farquaad POV

I was falling. My vision was sucked up by blackness, as of your mouth was sight and you were drinking darkness from a straw.

Only this mouth didnt swallow.

I could feel just my head falling. I could still feel my feet planted firmly on the ground, but my head was falling. It was like a rush of blood to the head that just never stopped and I never got used to.

I could hear waves crashing against rocks in the distance. But I was falling into nothingness.

All of a sudden I felt my body fall. My body wasn't falling forever with me, I felt it hit the ground. Is this what being dead feels like?

My brain started getting dizzier and dizzier. The blackness that was my vision was getting occupied with static, and I could hear the stacking crackling and brushing in my head. My heart was starting to race now. My non-beating,  dead heart was racing.

"S-Shrek?" I heard a gentle echo whisper. I'd know that voice from anywhere.

It was Fiona. I could see her long, ginger braid forming in the static. I could see her facial features become more defined. I saw her.

"No, It's me, Farquaad" I somehow called out to her.

"Farquaad?" She asked. She knew me. Of course she knew me. We were engaged at one point....

until Shrek.

"Yes, Fiona. Its me. Your true love."  I said. I tried to reach out for her, even though I had no hands.

"We mustn't do this. Shrek will be here any moment" she whispered back. I could feel her energy slipping away.

"FIONA! FIONA NO!" I screamed.

"FIONA COME BACK! FIONA!"

- Then it was over -

I just kept falling.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

And falling

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

And falling

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Until I felt my head hit the ground, and that was that.