Chapter One

You hated him. You hated everything about him. Why you had dated him; why you had fallen in love with him, was beyond you. Allen L. Jones was officially dead to you.

You'd come today home super early from work, thrilled to finally be able to spend some quality time with your boyfriend of 3 years, almost 4. Lately you'd been extra busy with work; a position opened up and you were hoping to be promoted there. Which was fantastic, or so Al had claimed. Naturally you'd believed him as he had never given you a reason not to trust him.

You'd been so stupid. Blind to the obvious signs until you walked in to find him on the couch, fucking another girl.

Seeing them made you freeze in shock for a good two or three minutes before you reacted. You were quite proud of yourself actually; you'd handled the situation very well, mostly due to being numbed by the initial shock of catching your boyfriend cheating on you. They hadn't noticed you enter, too preoccupied with ripping each other's clothes off, which gave you the ability to quietly slip through the house and gather up all your belongings into a suitcase.

By the time you were finished packing they both had finished as well, and one of them was fast asleep on the couch. She must have left already. You walked past the sleeping form silently, not wanting him to wake up, lest he try to convince you to stay. You held a careful but delicate control over yourself, locking up your emotions to be dealt with later. But if Allen were to wake up and break that self control you held... you honestly weren't certain how you'd react. Probably with a lot of yelling and crying, and the smashing of things. It would be messy and quite frankly you didn't want to deal with that right now. You just wanted to get away from here. Away from him. And find somewhere you could cry in peace. He would have to figure out what had happened later; by himself, when you didn't come home from work, you ignored his calls and texts, found your key on the table, and he realized all your stuff was gone.

Rubbing the tears from your eyes and checking the only clock in the small motel room you had rented for the time being, you realized exactly how late it had gotten. About six hours since you left him. Two hours past when you'd normally be home from work. Checking your phone, you had 23 missed calls, 14 new voicemails, and 54 unread texts. All from Allen. Ah. So the puzzle pieces must be starting to fall into place now. Soon he'd figure out that you were gone.

-

Three days. In spite of all his money, power, and resources, it took him three days to track you down. And now that he had, he was determined to get you back... somehow. Allen had never really been one to plan ahead; he preferred to live in the moment and just roll with the punches. You'd be pissed, he knew that much. And hurt. You'd probably cry too. That thought alone made him flinch a bit. God, he hated it when you cried. The fact that this time he was the reason for you tears made it so much worse. Still, when he reached your motel room he knocked with absolutely no hesitation.

When you opened the door, there was a moment of silence before he spoke. "I'm sorry." You promptly slammed the door in his face. Allen groaned. "Come on Doll! Baby, please, talk to me! I can explain! Well, no i can't, but we can work this out! Babe just let me in..." silence. Allen sighed. "Fuck it then. If you ain't letting me in, I'll just wait for you to come out! You can't keep yourself locked up in there forever!" There was more silence. "This is gonna be a waste of both our goddamn time! Just let me in and save us the trouble!" Again he was met with nothing but silence.

With a loud and very annoyed groan, he plopped onto floor, sitting across from your door. He was truly intending to wait you out, no matter how long it took. This was gonna be a long day.

-

He was right. Eventually you would have to leave the motel room. You just thought that, after seven hours, he would have given up and gone home. You had underestimated his determination to win you back. Seven hours was a long time to go without a meal though, for both you AND for him. Wait, what was that smell? Oh, this fucker didn't...

He did. Checking out peephole, you saw Allen; smirking and holding a delivery bag from a very expensive restaurant and what smelled like your favorite food inside. This. Fucking. Asshole. He knew you too well.

He knocked on the door looking oh-so pleased with himself. "Delivery for '(Y/N') (L/N)'! You sure you don't want to open the door now Dollface?" There was even more silence for a moment and just as Allen's confidence in his evil plan began to waiver, the door opened to reveal you.

Your eyes were puffy from crying and you looked like you had reached new and exciting levels of annoyed, previously uncharted by mankind. "You're an ass. Give me my food and leave me alone."

Allen shook his head. "Not gonna happen Doll. Now let me in and you can eat while we talk." he replied, moving towards the door, which you quickly blocked.

"Yeah, i don't think so." You didn't want to talk. And you definitely didn't want him in your room because once he got in, the was no way you'd be able to get him back out. At least not without you at his side.

Allen just shrugged. "Then no food for you, AND I'll just keep waiting out here. Come on Babe. Accept my peace offering and let me in? Please?" He asked with the best puppy dog eyes he had.

You just scoffed and rolled your eyes, starting to shut the door again. "Fine, keep the food, see if I care. It's NOT worth it."

Just as you hissed out those words, Al caught the almost shut door by shoving his foot in between the door and the door frame. You could only watch, fuming, as he yanked it all the way open and brushed past you, waltzing in like he owned the place. He immediately settled into one of the armchairs, foregoing the bed after a moment of consideration, deciding that would piss you off more and he'd rather not deal with any more of your wrath than necessary.

At your glare, he just shrugged. "I got tired of asking. So, glare all you want. I ain't moving, Doll. I even said 'please' and shit," he huffed with a pout.

"I hate you."

"I know. Now come get your food before it gets cold."