- ̗̀ 森 1

It was Saturday, the only part of the week Yoongi actually liked. The one day where he didn't have to stress about doing his homework the day before it was due because he had procrastinated as long as he possibly could, this was the only day he could truly do nothing all day. Not even getting up to go to work.

Usually at this time, he'd be curled up in his blankets well up until the day was already half over and spend the other half of his day doing absolutely nothing, but god had other plans for him today, that god being Namjoon.

Today, the students in a Forest Ecology class were given the opportunity to receive extra credit if they showed up to the local site and took notes on some of the natural inhabitants and managed to identify what kind of trees resides there.

It was safe to say that Yoongi really regretted taking this course, but it was somewhat tolerable since Namjoon was with him. This however, was not tolerable.

He was up out of his bed at 7 in the morning and made it to the site all in a mere 30 minutes since getting up. Namjoon was already there with the professor of course and chatting about what they'll be doing for next 4 hours.

Yoongi stood awkwardly, literally in the middle of the vast forest.

It sucked that he hadn't really been paying attention to the trail, because he definitely would have left right now if could actually remember which way he came from.

The forest was quite eerie, it was confusing how calm and how alone he felt despite the fact that Namjoon, his professor, and a few of his other classmates were all just a couple feet away from where he stood. He didn't know if he loved it or hated it.

Regardless, he still winced at the sound of the birds chirping and shivered when the light breeze that came through the well shaded area attacked him. Yeah, he definitely hated it.

Eventually when all the people who said they would show up actually showed up, the professor started talking, but he didn't catch a single word besides, "and don't go through that path, understand?"

Yoongi did not understand.

Namjoon and Yoongi were paired together, which wasn't a surprise at all. The professor favored Namjoon and probably let him decide who he wanted his partner to be, which was completely fine with Yoongi. That way, he didn't have to unnecessarily talk with people in his class he had never once reached out to.

Namjoon comes over to him with a slightly concerned smile,

"Did you hear what trail we weren't supposed to go into? I kinda blanked out." He admits to Yoongi.

Yoongi who was equally as unknowledgeable as his friend at the moment gave him a shrug and brushed it off.

"Let's just follow some other people, we should be fine." He says.

Namjoon, though a bit skeptical, nodded and finally started walking deeper into the forest with Yoongi trailing behind him tiredly.

Two hours had passed and the two boys came to the conclusion that they were most definitely lost in the seemingly never ending terrain.

Namjoon was complaining the whole time, worried that they had taken the path that they were told not to take.

Yoongi was surprisingly calm throughout, probably because he knew could hear another group talking, so they had to be around the same vicinity as them.

A few minutes had passed as they try and look for a place where they could mark. Instead, the younger boy becomes calm again when he could see the end of the forest in his sight.

Becoming levelheaded again, he turned back and walked back into the dark forest with a smile on his face once again. Yoongi was just baffled by how much Namjoon changed within those few minutes.

When they had been walking for another good hour, taking notes and such about the stand structure of the deciduous and evergreen trees in the surrounding area, Yoongi walked face first into a door.

Wait.

This is a forest.

Why is there a door?

Namjoon's eyes widen in surprise, but before he even checks up on his friends wellbeing, he quickly opens the door. With a disappointed sigh, he closed the door. "Guess it was just a myth."

"What the hell were you doing?" Yoongi asks snarly as he rubbed his nose.

"Legend has it that if you look through the door in a forest, you'll see your destined love."

Yoongi scoffs almost immediately at that unamused by what he just heard, "That's a load of bullshit."

Namjoon shrugged before pulling out his phone from his back pocket to snap a couple of pictures to keep it as a memorabilia, "It was worth a try. You should try too."

Yoongi looks at him blankly and was about to refuse, but thinking back, he had been out here for nearly 3 1/2 hours and this was the closest thing to interesting he's had so far, so of course he'd tried it.

He opened the door.

To his surprise, he actually saw someone and he was really cute.

"Hey Namjoon, I see someone."

a/n+
welcome to the forest my friends, lmao.

anyways i hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter though~